Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First few days frightening

Re: First few days frightening

Hi wanted to reassure you I had horrendous side effects both times taking this drug - for about 3 days i had electric currents running through my skin, my skin burned hot and cold, really bad sweats, racing thoughs, felt as if I was losing it bigtime, really dry mouth, clenching of muscles, total dissapearance of apetite - but - this drug has truly been a miricle drug for me - i am 2 months down the line and i am much much improved - my doc says i will have to wait 6 months before full effects - i cannot reommend this drug enough - my OCD & phobias has all but dissapeard and i feel so great every day - it really does deaden negative persistant intursive thoughts.. if you experience euphoria in your 2nd week aparently this is a good sign as it means it is very likely to work for you - good luck

What strength are you on please??
    Ive been on 20mg for nearly 4 weeks and I'm doubting if it's the correct drug?
    Will I know if its working??? And how??
    Had a bad morning yet again today

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieHunter View Post
    Hi wanted to reassure you I had horrendous side effects both times taking this drug - for about 3 days i had electric currents running through my skin, my skin burned hot and cold, really bad sweats, racing thoughs, felt as if I was losing it bigtime, really dry mouth, clenching of muscles, total dissapearance of apetite - but - this drug has truly been a miricle drug for me - i am 2 months down the line and i am much much improved - my doc says i will have to wait 6 months before full effects - i cannot reommend this drug enough - my OCD & phobias has all but dissapeard and i feel so great every day - it really does deaden negative persistant intursive thoughts.. if you experience euphoria in your 2nd week aparently this is a good sign as it means it is very likely to work for you - good luck

Carrie, I so hope it has the same positive effect on me that it's had on you. Well done for sticking with it and on your subsequent recovery
    "In the end we only regret chances we didnt take, relationships we were scared to have, and decisions we waited to long to make. There comes a time in your life when you realise who matters, who doesn't, who never did, and who always will". - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkman View Post
    What strength are you on please??
    Ive been on 20mg for nearly 4 weeks and I'm doubting if it's the correct drug?
    Will I know if its working??? And how??
    Had a bad morning yet again today
    Yorkman you do make me laugh in a good way as I know anxiety and depression isn't nice but me and you are still waiting for this amazing feeling I am sure it will come I am feeling bit better but as you know I had a s**t day at begining of the week a blip as thy call it lol. But like you my mornings are the pits still I am sure it will change for us soon. The nerves and palps have died down now since i woke this morning I have kept busy and my phobia I have I am looking at a more positive side of it and telling myself things to make me feel better. I would say that if you feel an extra 10mg would help, you go for it and see how you get on good luck yorkman.

Cathy xx

Quote Originally Posted by mizfiesta View Post
    Pongo, do you work with the public or in some job where you have to face a lot of people? I always think this is harder. I would like a job that involves me in a wee dark room somewhere on my own lol
    Hi

No, I work for myself and just sit in a room with four employees. I don't need to do much client facing stuff, so it's easy!

I know exactly what you mean, though.

How are you getting on?

Day 21 - Fine. Went to work, got a lot done, came home feeling fine.

Day 22 - Woke up at 3am feeling utterly awful. Got next to no sleep, went into town this afternoon, came home after about 10 minutes as I felt so incredibly anxious.

It's so frustrating, I have had a pretty good week, but then have a big crash like this at the end of it.

Did anyone else experience this in the early days? Feeling pretty down about it today

Hi Pongo, I'm only on day 11 of the 20mg Citalopram dose. I am more or less ok when I'm at home but I'm really anxious when I have to go outdoors. I can't really walk anywhere and just go short distances in my car. I don't think I've drove any further than the one mile up to my Mum's in recent days and even then I'm very anxious to get back home.

I've been getting a lot of palpitations so my GP prescribed me Propranolol yesterday. I started them today (80mg slow release) so I'm hoping they help with the jitteryness. I've read quite a bit about Propranolol on here and they seem to really help with the physical symptoms of anxiety. It's certainly worth a try.

Would you say the Citalopram has increased your anxiety since you've been taking it?
    "In the end we only regret chances we didnt take, relationships we were scared to have, and decisions we waited to long to make. There comes a time in your life when you realise who matters, who doesn't, who never did, and who always will". - Anon

Well, in the first few days, it sent it absolutely through the roof, I'd say for about a week or so.

Then it started to settle down again, to the point that this week I felt a little bit better than I had done before I started taking the cit (it is three weeks now).

I took that as meaning I'd been through the really tough opening period, but today was a kick in the teeth, coming as it did totally out of the blue.

I have been prescribed it before, and had an awful experience that time too when i started, but not as bad as this time. I think the difference this time is that back then, I was also on bisoprolol (primarily for high blood pressure), which I am not this time.

I'd definitely feeling it tougher this time around.

I'm very lucky, though, I can work from home pretty much when I need to (although I've been in the office most of this week), and my partner is very supportive.

Surely the side effects won't go on for much longer now if you've been on them three weeks. I personally hope mine get better soon as I'm beginning to feel like a hermit.

Hi all,
    just thought Id drop in to this thread. Im coming up to the 3 week point tomorrow and have been increasing my dose gradually. Ive done 10 mg for 10 days then 15mg for 7 now today I went upto 20mg. Ive needed reassurrance from my gps a couple of times over the last 2 weeks (one phonecall and one visit ! )My GP said I was getting agitation symptoms and said to keep increasing unil I was on 20mg. Now just to add to all that Ive had a water infection as well so now on antibiotics for that ! so i feel quite crap now. Im also slightly embarrassed about the number of times Ive rung or seen my GP in the last month( 5 or 6 times lol ) I think health anxiety must be my main problem!!!! Hopefully the cit will help with this and I can relax about my health.
    Im glad I joined this site as it helps a lot offloading and knowing others are on this journey. x

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information