Thread: Intrusive thoughts of life being overwhelming

Intrusive thoughts of life being overwhelming

Hi guys,
    I ve had OCD for years as long as I can remember but lately its been really bad.
    Feel like life is overwhelming and hard weird to describe, like im so alone worry constantly if something were to happen to my husband I would be alone with two kids and a newborn and im scared to leave the house as it is or what if something happened to both of us who would take care of the kids.
    Help me!

Re: Intrusive thoughts of life being overwhelming

So no one then :’(

Hi I don't know about much about ocd but to me If you have a newborn It could be postnatal depression I had it with my 1st child. I had lots of fears about death and accidents and bad dreams The way I got help was my gp sent me to group therapy which helped me. It just could be all your hormones are all over the place at the moment. Go see your GP I am sure he will help.

Cathy xx

Yes I agree it could be post natal depression. I had it bad with my first son and it wasn't treated for 3 years, with my OCD it wasn't a good combination, it just spiralled out of control. It took something very bad (which I won't go into) for me to see sense and seek help. As mentioned I think a visit to your GP may help or maybe make an appointment with your local community nurses who will have heaps of information on groups and PND.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Kez xx

Hi there

I get all sorts of thoughts of life being overwhelming and that I cannot cope with anything as its all too much.

Sometimes life just feels very scary especially I imagine if you have kids. I dont have kids and Im scared enough about myself lol

When I get lots of intrusive thoughts or symptoms of panic I either let the thoughts come and go without focusing on them (hard but possible as the brain gets tired eventually and calms down) or I argue against the thoughts, replacing them with something more positive and rational

Life is uncertain and yes that is scary but if we constantly fear the what if's we will ruin the hear and now and the good times. Try to live in the moment, thats what I am trying.

Thread Information