Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Over 50 ? Please Help Me Understand Aging?

Over 50 ? Please Help Me Understand Aging?

Hi everyone,

I have tried to just keep to myself these last couple of days but thought about most of my issues are mostly age related,so I thought I would appeal to hose over 5o to please help me out here,since the admin hasnt seen fit o give us a forum of our own ,which is ok,but I really need some input. I have been reding lot of self help books lately about anxiety ,aging and relieving stress from both.

It is my hopes that this thread will be around ahwile please help me to help myself and others.Its just been about five or six yers that I have relly found out that im old and I.cant comfortably do the things I use to.I guess the things that I am encountering is making me anxious although they are a product of mostly an aging body that I didnt know ai had up until a couple of years ago. Funny thing is that it has taken me a few years to realise that im not the young guy I used to be. So I would like to list my typical pains and aches here and like to encipourage others over 50 to do the same so we can compare notes. Please help me with this. The following is a list of things that im encountering as I am aging.

I wake in the morning my chest muscles are tight ,they stay like that most of the day.I walk everyday but cant walk forever like I used to.I usually can only manage a half mile a day.My eyes aee not as clear as they used to be. I have oroblems focusing in low light situtatios. Even with reading glasses my eyes have trouble with small print .Also I get alot of weird sparks from time to time during the day and sometimes I get a flickering sensation in my right eye.In other words my eyes are aging.

I get muscle twiches on the sides of my head and forehead alot like something crawling around in my hair. I get real bad spasms in both feet at night like fingers moving around and then a needle shooting pain where the spasms are. I also jerk in random places in my body when going to slleep. I used to only bolt upright but now both hips will jerk together or my shoulders will jerk or just random jerks. I use my right arm to type alot and it aches from holding it up so long. and becomes weak. My right chest musle feels permantly tight.

I get pains in my chest very random sharp pains and I have noticed I have large eposed veins under my eyes. My right arm lately seems to have developed a crepe paper texture like a person 80 or 90.This happened just overnight it seems but maybe not. The skin makes mr think maybe my arm is going to just deterorate in front of my eyes. My left one has old skin but not nearly as bad. All of my muscles all over seem to get weak when I start carrying things and at the end of a half mile my muscles feel as though they are just going to quit.

My face is looking pretty much like one of those (rugged) guys from the movies. I look like one of the tough guys that scares the hell out of everybody. Basically what im saying i you can see every wrinkle and every flaw that I ever had. My hair is long but thinned and white and im balding quickly from the forehed back so when I put my hair in a pony tale I look like Ben Franklin but not quite as chubby but the again I do have the tripple chin that is hidden by a white beard. Ughhhhhhhh. Anyway I have probaly forgotten something but Im asking you all to please contribute here your complaints about your aging and your aches and pains and anything you would like to.

Its just a way of saying we are all in this together. Thanks in advance! Michael
    Last edited by looking4answers; 13-08-11 at 03:49. Reason: Forgot something

Re: Over 50 ? Please Help Me Understand Aging?

I almost forgot. Neck bothers me alot aching feeling like its not in place and also lower back pain and spasms of the large muscle groups although this better since exercising

Hi I'm over 50 too. 56 this month.
    I asked about a site for ages groups too, but no reply on that.

Hehehe you forgot to post your aging complaints lol

lol
    Well.... the dentist tells me my gums are receding...aging.
    The eye drs. says my eye fluid is separating....aging.
    I waiting for the anxiety to be gone, so I can see how I really feel without it as far as enegy is.
    Yes, skin is thinner so more is noticable like veins, wrinkles, and age spots.

Argh....thats amother thing I forgot Teeth,,,geez mine are terrible and I havent been to an eye doc in ten years so....hmmm ...anyway thanks for sharing now if I can get the other beyond 50 to chime in it would be nice

Oh yeah,forgot about those excrutitaing side stiches. Please dont let this thread die?

I think you've got a bit of an obsession about aging Michael lol!!............. I would have thought setting up a group for people to feed off other peoples age obsessions would be very inadvisable and add more things for you to obsess about! People of all ages experience your various aches and pains and being in your midfifties is certainly not old....... even if my kids think it is!! Personally, I think you need to take up some regular exercise....... swimming or cycling perhaps........... and get yourself a bit fitter ...... hopefully, all these minor aches/pains will disappear!! I'm 57 and try and do a good hours hard cycling every day........ also still working as a gardener so that helps me keep fit.

Well thank you Dr Geoff!!! What a slap in the face??? I get on here try to be supportive to others and pour my soul out in a post trying to find out in good nature how everybody else is handling things and to see what they feel and you and one other are the only people that answer me and say this!!!!!! I do have an exercise program and I work very hard at it. I also have many ither interest besides age. I just thought it would be fun for the people my age here to get together and ound off in a post. But suppose youwould rather talk about first word last word or what song are you listening to or how someonespoo looks like because there are tons of responding post to them. Forget it sorry I took the time to post.Im glad you are doing so well at 57 ..Here here hallauah!! Geoff is doing great at 57!!! Maybe we can all respond to that. Thanks for making my day!!!!

Lucky Geoff ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information