Thread: The serotonin syndrome

The serotonin syndrome

Hi,

I'm on my third day taking cipralex and I feel dreadful...I'm at work at the moment but I'm really tempted to go home. I probably won't go as I dont want my boss to know that Im taking antidepressants and I have bad side effects because of that...
    As I said in my previous post, my worst side effect is that I'm feeling drunk and v. v. slow...couldn't sleep at all last nite and just dont feel myself at all. I know that i have to be patient but i'm so fed up with all this...I know that I sound like a total hypocondriac but I found something called the serotonin syndrome http://members.aol.com/atracyphd/syndrome.htm and of course, I have all those effects! Or it's just my imagination...Has anyone experienced any of these side effects?

HI I THINK THIS ONLY HAPPENS IF YOU MIX SSRI'S AND MOAI'S WHICH IM SURE YOU WONT BE AS YOU DOC WILL KNOW NOT TO, THE SIDE AFFECTS YOU FEEL ARE COMMON WHEN STARTING ON CIPRALEX THEY SHOULD WEAR OFF IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS,

jools xx

Hi Violet

I have given up on many meds because of my over whelming fear of taking them and wish now I had continued as am sure would of gained some relief from my symptoms, I also found this SSRI Syndrome when googling and was convinced I had it (god knows how id only taken half a tablet [:I]) You are doing well and these symptoms will just be your body adjusting to the medication, If you feel really worried then you could visit your doctor to gain his / her re-assurance but am sure if you persevere you will soon notice these effects subside and you will begin to feel the benefits

Wendy x

Hi Violet
    I've been on Cipralex for about 9 mths now and have nothing but praiase for it.I started on 5mg for 2 weeks and have been on 10 since then.
    It does get a bit rough the first couple of weeks but then its great.Did the doc give you diazepam to take the edge off it?

Don't believe everything you think.

Thread Information