Thread: Laptop radiation- cancer?

Laptop radiation- cancer?

I used to keep the laptop on my thighs for about 6 hours a day for about 3 or 4 years and now i am experiencing pain in my thighs and in my knees. Is there any chance i can get bone cancer from the laptop being on my lap for that long? I think theres radiation in laptops? Im so worried. For the past year i have tried not to rest the laptop anywhere on my body but now i feel like the 4 years that i did has given me bone cancer. Can this happen?

Re: Laptop radiation- cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by jessical View Post
    I used to keep the laptop on my thighs for about 6 hours a day for about 3 or 4 years and now i am experiencing pain in my thighs and in my knees. Is there any chance i can get bone cancer from the laptop being on my lap for that long? I think theres radiation in laptops? Im so worried. For the past year i have tried not to rest the laptop anywhere on my body but now i feel like the 4 years that i did has given me bone cancer. Can this happen?
    Don't think anything like that has happened in the history of mankind so i think you will be ok.

I am a bit worried about this as well.
    My legs looked like they where burnt although they did not hurt.
    I have just showed my son your post and he is telling me off telling me to get a laptop tray I think this would protect us

I hope not,I have had one in my lap for over ten years! Yikes

lap burn... you can burn the skin on your legs, I've seen it happen to my friends due to the heat of the lap top, use a lap top cooler or a lap table thing, it's not good to use a lap top on your legs when it starts getting hot.

I have a laptop stand and use it when I put it on my legs cos it gets hot.

Never heard of it giving you cancer though -that is not possible

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Lol....Im just curious what part of a labtop puts out radiation? I used to design computers for Dell ,and I dont recall ever installing components that are radioactive but hey,im open to hear just who is using radioactive components in their labtops and exactly where the parts are located.)

Lol thanks for all your replies. My problem is definately looking up symptoms and stuff like that on the internet for reassurance, and then instead, the stuff on there makes me panic more. x

Thread Information