Thread: Early period

Unhappy Early period

Hi guys ...
    Yet again I'm back in a state ... my period has just started about a week to ten days early. This has never happened before and I'm petrified now ... I had full bloods done at the Dr's in April or May and was told they were normal, could something serious have developed that quickly? Has this ever happened to anyone else here?
    As ever I'm grateful for any advice x

Re: Early period

Hey there!

Try not to worry too much about it. My period does the same from time to time, or it comes 3 weeks late, which is just as worrying. But remember, your period is very hormone related, to it may be that your hormones are a little imbalenced right now. Anxiety also has a big effect on your hormones and your period, so if you've been particuarly worried or anxious it may just be as a result of that. If you are really worried about it just have a check in with your doctor. But it does just sound to me like your average glitch

Thanks Amieekid, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I know it probably seems weird my panicking so much but I've never had anything like this happen before ... I'm sitting on my hands to stop myself from Googling reasons. I haven't been sleeping very much and I've been quite depressed ... do you think those things could affect hormones?
    Anyway thank you again.
    Tiny x

Hi there, hope you are feeling a bit better this morning. This sounds perfectly normal to me I get this once or twice a year, it's just one of those things we have to put up with! As for the hormones I think that might also be the reason for your feeling low and not sleeping, hormonal changes can cause all sorts of upsets. xxx

You're welcome. Anxiety and depression can definitely have an impact on your hormones and period. Likewise, hormonal changes can have an impact on depression and anxiety. Everything is so related! Just remember that it is absolutely normal to have irregularities in your period from time to time Great job sticking away from google too!! Google is often very wrong and not a reliable source of information.

you are not alone my periods are all over the place was 2 months late with the last one.

Thread Information