Thread: Ibs periods and stress :(

Ibs periods and stress :(

Hi everyone,

I've suffered with my stomach for as long as I can remember I'm 34 and was diagnosed with coeliac disease at 13,I suffer with ibs I think !!
    I can go for long periods with normal bowel habit and then I can become constipated followed by diarrohea I hate it it rules my life I always worry that my stomach will play up and I'll desperately need the loo
    I've recently in the last few months come to the conclusion that my stomach plays up when I'm ovulating and or when my period is due
    Is this normal ??
    I can get alot of wind and then several trips to the toilet later it'll calm down but this could go on for a few days usually in the mornings
    I get the feeling that I've not emptied completely and it'll calm down nut then a while later I'll need to rush again

Please can someone help me I'm getting really worried I mite have something else going on I also suffer with health anxiety
    And always think the worse

Please help xx

Re: Ibs periods and stress :(

I used to know I was due on my period as my IBS would flare up to a ridiculous level. I spoke to the GP who said sometimes IBS is linked to your hormones so when your hormone levels fluctuate through your cycle is affects your bowels in different ways.

My IBS really settled when I had the contraceptive implant (Implanon) fitted in my arm. I found that because it regulates my hormone levels at all times that there was no reason for my IBS to play up. Having the implant fitted really improved my day to day life

hi ell1877 i suffer bad when my periods are due usually for about a week before i HATE it as i just don't wanna go out the door because of it...

Also can i ask a question about your coeliac ?? how did you find adjusting to the foods as i eat a gluten free diet and have been since about xmas now and am still finding it really hard to cope with also what where your symptoms pm me please if you don't mind me asking x x

Yes I get the same sysmptoms as you especially a week before my period is due and during ovulation and my symptoms are at their worst in the mornings too, its completely controlling my life. Take this morning, i've been to the loo but I dont feel that ive finished and my tummy is really really rumbling & grumbling and i've got to take the kids on a playdate in an hour this gets me really stressed which makes it worse (vicious cycle).

I've read that vitamin B complex can help to calm everything down but as im so paraniod about taking anything which may make things worse I havent as yet tried it.

hi yes i suffer to get odd pains all over stomach with ibs and windy too and suffer more with either d or c. Horrid isn't it.

Ditto :( It's to do with hormone levels. Hard life being a woman!!

Thread Information