Thread: Downward spiral

Downward spiral

Hi everyone

I thought I was doing ok but the last week or so I feel like Im going downhill again. I just cant be bothered to do anything, Im avoiding doing things that shouldnt be a problem & keep crying again

I was already feeling low last weekend then I saw a new counsellor for the first time on tuesday so Im not sure if talking with him has made me worse. How do I snap out of this? I dont know whether to see my doctor about increasing my citalopram or try to accept its a blip & ride it out x

Re: Downward spiral

Hi Haziefantasie

It can take time to build up a rapport with a counsellor, so do give it a chance. Early sessions can be tough as they are finding out as much as they can about your situation and at that stage it doesn't feel like it's helping at all. When they get to know you better and can home in on the issues that you are really struggling with it does start to feel more beneficial. I think I would see how things go before you consider increasing the Citalopram dose if I were you.

Tyke

haziefantasie,
    You are right, you were doing OK, isn't it nice to know that you can do OK?
    Too often we measure ourselves solely on how we feel at a given moment and say "This is who I am".
    You feel like you are going downhill right now, but before you felt you were going downhill where were you? You were doing OK.

You have thousands and thousands of "going downhill's" in front of you, we all do.
    But you have thousands and thousands of "doing OK's" in front of you too.
    You are more than just a moment in time.

Paul Byrne

Thank you both for your replies, its much appreciated.

Ive been feeling a bit better the past couple of days, and saw my counsellor again yesterday. We had a good talk about things & I think it is going to help me seeing him long term, fingers crossed! Im going to keep at this dose for now & see how I go over the next week or two.

Thanks again

Thread Information