Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just brushed teeth and lots of blood

just brushed teeth and lots of blood

I know i neglect my teeth- some days are so bad for i honestly fall asleep and forgot to do them all day. anyway normally i do them mid afternoon cause i normally go out in the afternoons. just done them now and the toothpaste was all blood :'(.
    i dont want to deal with pain and its making me all anxious. on top of this i forgot to take a tooth brush round my friends yesterday so couldnt do them there.

Re: just brushed teeth and lots of blood

my teeth are a huge worry to me- not cause i worry im ill but cause i i dont want them to rot. im scared of whats happening. did i get a load of blood as i missed yerstday? sometimes it can get to 11pm b4 i remember my teeth as im so focused on other things but what ever time it is i normally get one brush in a day. i did them when i got back from friend this afternoon- only a speck of blood. just did them now and it was all pure red blood. im freaking out

i will make my mum aware of this tommorow morning though and see what she thinks about it- but i wanted an early night- now this :(

i cant deal with pain- im so scared. do i go to the dentist as soon as possible? x:S

Are you brushing too hard? A soft bristle brush is best.
    Check with your dentist. You may just need a nice cleaning and check up. :-)

My teeth bleed from time to time when brushing but I haven't got gum disease or anything. I wouldn't be concerned, if it continued to be a frequent occurrence then perhaps make an appointment with your dentist. Maybe if you're particulary anxious about your teeth you brush them a little too hard and the bleeding is just in response to that? Take care and try get a good night's sleep x

thanks. i think after i noticed the blood i went a bit harder yes in anger and frustration lol. im telling my self "i will not keep my self up past 11 because of this" i think i will tell mum see how it goes and maybe make an app if it carries on this time in a week.
    i hate that anxiety stops me functioning and being normal- my mornings are basically wiped out by sleep as im so exhausted. I need to be back at college- in a routine and its a distraction to lol x

Don't panic hun, I get it. My dentist said it was plaque and that I needed to keep brushing.

Definitely try to get in two brushes a day as this will help. If you find you are forgetting then maybe set a reminder on your mobile phone. Also get yourself a good mouthwash, this will also do your teeth good.

How long ago did you have your last check up? If its been over 6 months then get one anyway. If its been less then 6 months then I would just increase my brushing to see if this helped and use a mouthwash.

I know its easier said than done but dont panic, its nothing that cannot be fixed.

As I said I get the blood and I brush twice a day, its just that plague can build up anyway over time. I'm going to try the mouthwash as well to see if that helps me. My last check up with the dentist was ok, my teeth are not rotting away so please dont think yours are.

thanks. my mum told me tooth decay doesnt happen over night- i had a check up err maybe two months ago? i think lol. no longer than 3 anyway. i remember saying then i had a bit of bloody, brush more he said, so gonna have to remember.
    its not that im scared of being ill- i have a phobia of pain to lol. My mum has listerine? Sometimes i use a bit of it- othertimes i dont.

Yeah just increase the brushing and use the mouthwash, Listerine is a good one. Your due for a check up in 3/4 months anyway so you'll be fine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information