Thread: Symptoms of panic/anxiety without actual panic attacks?

Symptoms of panic/anxiety without actual panic attacks?

I get panic attacks a lot but mine are different to the norm, I get hot and my stomach gets tight and I pace and stuff but I ALWAYS have symptoms 24/7, even when i'm not particularly anxious about something or when I'm not panicking.
    The panic attacks I can deal with, I can tell when they feel like and what I can do to help but the other symptoms never disappear and they are what bother me most.
    The weird breathing, the temperature changes, the weird tingling that can last for hours, dizzy spells, generally feeeling odd, nausea, it all happens regardless of whether I'm anxious or not :/
    I understand the body can get into an anxious state, I've been anxious every day for the past 2 years I guess now my body is just used to be in an anxious state, i don't know what I believe.

Re: Symptoms of panic/anxiety without actual panic attacks?

Midnight Calm by reading your post you have given major clues to what is happening to you, the weird tingling which lasts for hours, the odd panic attacks, dizzy spells and nausea, temperature changes.
    You I believe are chronically hyperventilating most of the time. This condition is so different from the acute ventilation that everybody recognises. Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome is very subtle in it's actions but what it does is ut changes the acid base of the blood considerably to an acidosis. This will kick in your sympathetic nervous system and flood your system with adrenaline so the panic attacks, dizziness, nausea and temperature changes.
    This Chronic Hyperventilation is anxiety based so treating the underlying anxiety is essential in treating it. You can try cupping both hands around your nose and mouth and breathing normally( no deep breaths as it will make things worse) to try and raise the CO2 in your blood stream. It is a treatable condition but can be difficult to change as the illness does adjust up your respiratory centre in the Brain. It is downgrading the sensitivity that is essential in curing the condition.

How long do you thing I should breathe into cupped hands? Gonna give it a try
    But these symptoms are here 24/7 I can't see them going away that quick

How would you say I could downgrade the sensitivity because I find myself unable to lose all of the anxiety.

Thread Information