Thread: Marijuana

Marijuana

I was wondering if there are any other people out there who have a smoke when feeling low etc. I used to smoke a few joints a day until 2 weeks ago, i am 99% sure that weed has caused my anxiety / panic attacks.

I used to have a few beers in the evening followed by a smoke, i have done this for a few years and even after only stopping for 2 weeks i feel like my anxiety is now dropping and i can return to normal life.

I did have a very bad panic attack last week but i put it down to just having a stressful day. The last few months i found myself avoiding busy places and worrying a lot, i used to have smoke to combat these negative feelings but i think this fuelled my anxiety.

Anybody else here on the weed?

Thanks Nicola

Hiya cantstop!!!
    I dont do it now but did that and other drugs bout 5 yrs ago!
    I feel i went downhill mental health wise from there
    Its been off and on but drugs have truly damaged my way of thinking i belive!xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Hi - I smoked it regularly for about 5 years and didn't feel any 'anxious/panicy' effects, though if I smoked when I was feeling down did get serious paranoia. I haven't smoked for about 8 years now and now is when the anxiety has hit, so not sure if there's a connection or not! I guess it depends how your body reacts to it, everyone reacts to different things in different ways.
    If your anxiety is lessening, I stay off it!
    Love Helen

hello there canstop! im new too, and just wanted to say that as I have suffered with anxiety and panic for a few years I thought at one time I would try to start smoking ganja, what with it supossed to calm you down and that! and bloody hell It made me much WORSE I can tell u! it did exactly what booze does to me completely sets me back and the panic and anxiety comes back ten fold! I now have made a consious decision to never smoke it again and hav also recently packed the booze in too! Im not a heavy drinker just used to binge drink if I went out for an evening with friends to find confidence when I was up to it, but I cant even do that now! Im back in the doldrums because of one poxy night out three wks ago! its mad how things can upset your body chemistry.

joanne

Thread Information