Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very anxious tonight :(

Very anxious tonight :(

Not felt this bad for a loooooooong time.
    My cat is being neutered tomorrow so I have to keep him in and he's not to have any food. He's a very vocal cat and already is doing my head in! Vets told me to keep him in from 8pm so I've had 3 n half hours of the howling and crying already. I can't go out to get away from it! I live in a small 1 bed flat!

Was already so anxious about how the hell I was gonna get him there 2moro now this on top. I have worked out my route to the vets but I have to go early and will get stuck in the works traffic.
    OMG am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then go back for him in the afternoon, omg will never make it!!

So tired of all this bullshit tbh, 36 years of my life down the pan!!!!!!!!

Re: Very anxious tonight :(

Els - they always tell me to keep our cats in the night before and I never do and they have always been fine.

There is no way I could lock them in they would be totally stressed out and freaked.

I would let him out but that is just my personal opinion.

You will do it cos you have to.

Good luck

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sorry your not too good Elspeth ...Your cat will eventually go to sleep ..fingers crossed ..x ..Dont forget to take some water with you incase you feel panicky tomorrow ..Traffic can be a prob but its school hols so not as bad as usual ..The anticipatory anx is always worse than the event Try to concentrate on what you see out the window ..Are you going on the bus or driving ?? Do plenty of deep breathing the counting usually helps too .....Good luck ..I will be thinking of you both and sending you lots of positive vibes ..Kick its agora ass and show it you mean business .Enuff is enuff ..ok ??luv Sue x

We let our cat out also. He is a nightmare if kept in. I am sure he will be fine if you let him out.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Els - they always tell me to keep our cats in the night before and I never do and they have always been fine.

There is no way I could lock them in they would be totally stressed out and freaked.

I would let him out but that is just my personal opinion.

You will do it cos you have to.

Good luck
    I was thinking that if it got too bad I would let him out, but then if anything happened to him in the op then I would never forgive myself! Thanks for letting me know about your own personal experiences.

Els xx

Has he calmed down yet

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    Sorry your not too good Elspeth ...Your cat will eventually go to sleep ..fingers crossed ..x ..Dont forget to take some water with you incase you feel panicky tomorrow ..Traffic can be a prob but its school hols so not as bad as usual ..The anticipatory anx is always worse than the event Try to concentrate on what you see out the window ..Are you going on the bus or driving ?? Do plenty of deep breathing the counting usually helps too .....Good luck ..I will be thinking of you both and sending you lots of positive vibes ..Kick its agora ass and show it you mean business .Enuff is enuff ..ok ??luv Sue x
    Thanks for replying Sue. I will be driving, it's not so much how far it is but the traffic, I panic when stuck in traffic. Of course I put up with them oh............30 years, so what's the difference 2moz

Thanks for the positive vibes yes, enuff IS enuff

Els xxx

Els - ok look at this way. You are not posting here saying "there is no way I can get the cat to the vet". You are saying you are going to do it though it is hard. That is an achievement isn't it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkman View Post
    Has he calmed down yet
    Hey Yorkman

He is asleep at the mo....................ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL.

Poor kitty, can't tell him what's going on.

Els xxx

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Els - ok look at this way. You are not posting here saying "there is no way I can get the cat to the vet". You are saying you are going to do it though it is hard. That is an achievement isn't it?
    Yes it will be an achievement, can't wait for it all to be over lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information