Thread: Colonoscopy. Follow up appointment normal?

Colonoscopy. Follow up appointment normal?

I had one about 6 wks ago and was told all was ok at the time. They took some biopsies which they said was normal procedure. Today I received a letter for a follow up appointment. Is this normal? Could the biospys have shown something bad? My appointments isn't till September 9th. Now I'm really worried.

Lele x

Re: Colonoscopy. Follow up appointment normal?

Well normally they send a letter to the GP and they discuss the results with you.

Who is the appointment with?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I believe a follow up appointment is quite normal in some cases.

The fact that it's not until September 9th is a bit of a giveaway!

Anything nasty and they would have seen you immediately.

Perhaps discuss this with your GP.

In order to get it my dr referred me to the hospital who seen me and agreed to do the colonoscopy, my appointment is back to his clinic at the hospital??

if they had found anything bad, they would not be waiting until Septeember so see u x

Sorry for thread jumping but it's been almost 3 week's since i had mine done can you ring the ward up and find out if the result's have been recived from the biopsy's or do you have to wait till you get a letter?

Lele

Lele

Its normal practice to have a follow up appt after any such procedure that involves biposies..The consultant will just want to discuss the results with you..You may have a condition that requires some medication etc, but if it was more serious than that they would have been able to tell you a lot sooner if not straightaway...
    Last edited by hopeless; 19-08-11 at 15:57. Reason: error

The first time I had a colonoscopy they found a polyp which they cut out and sent it for biopsy. I was told straight away after the colonoscopy that I was OK, then I had a letter from the hospital for a follow up appointment but I had also had a letter confirming that the polyp was benign, so I phoned the consultants secretary and told her about the result and asked her if I needed to see the consultant and she said I need not go for the appointment as he would only tell me I was fine, I do hope that this puts your mind at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    It's completely normal to have a follow up appointment after a colonoscopy in the gastro clinic. They would have you straight back in if anything showed up on the biopsies, so it sounds like they were probably clear. They usually just have the follow up appointment and discharge you from the clinic if nothing is found.

Trevstan, you could call to ask for results - although bear in mind if they had the results and something was wrong they would probably have already called you. I got my letter within about 4 weeks, I think.
    Thank's yeah i thought as much as it has been 3 week's or more than likely they should know if anything was bad i would have been contacted by now.

I also had a colonoscopy about 5 week ago and have been ringing my doctors since for the results and they still do not have them. And today i recieved a letter for a follow up which is next month 10-07-15 could this be bad news or is it normal ive tried rinning everyone for answers but no one will tell me anything

Thread Information