Thread: Codeine phosphate, propranolol, diazepam, zopiclone, citalopram

Question Codeine phosphate, propranolol, diazepam, zopiclone, citalopram

Hi all,
    Yes, what a mix. Apart from the codeine which I've been given for a broken foot, I have been prescribed the rest of the above for depression/panic.
    Diazepam I take only when really needed, citalopram 40mg per day, propranolol 10 to 20mg 3 times a day but again I only take it occasionally, and Zopiclone half to 1 one 7.5mg to sleep.
    I guess I really want to know if anyone else has had this mix and if it is helpful to them. I'm getting a little worried about the zopiclone as it has been over 8 months for this now and I know it is to easy to get addicted. I want to ask for amitryptyline instead as I have read that there is non addictive, is this a reasonable request to take to my GP?
    Any advice welcomed.

Re: Codeine phosphate, propranolol, diazepam, zopiclone, citalopram

Hi
    Diazepam I take only when really needed, citalopram 40mg per day, propranolol 10 to 20mg 3 times a day but again I only take it occasionally, and Zopiclone half to 1 one 7.5mg to sleep.
    I guess I really want to know if anyone else has had this mix and if it is helpful to them.
    I once had similar combo like that, but instead of SSRI ( Citalopram) That time I was given Fluoxetine. And As I also have chronic headache, I bought panadeine ( sold OTC here) 500mg Paracetamol+codeine Phosphate 8mg, and Inderal ( Propranolol) 40mg twice a day, and Once Imovane ( Zopiclone) only for 10 days. And instead of Diazepam, i was given Xanax 0.5 taken as needed.
    Well, about whether it's helpful, I stopped Fluoxetine coz i developed side effects, and changed to TCA imipramine 10mg twice a day, at that time, and I could tolerate only at 20mg dose daily. I find it helpful as a " Preventative medication" for panic disorder and anxiety. As for Panadeine, I used it carefully, a Codeine is habit forming, and and using it more than 3 days in a week, could cause rebound headache.

As with Zopiclone, I was given only enough for 10 days, and my Psychiatrist changed it to sedating antidepressants like ( At First Doxepine, but I found that it was good to maintain the sleep, not to make me fall asleep....strange...)
    So i was put on Amitriptyline, just 75mg, and it did help me at that time.
    As with Zopiclone, I was given only enough for 10 days, and my Psychiatrist changed it to sedating antidepressants like ( At First Doxepin, but I found that it was good to maintain the sleep, not to make me fall asleep....strange...)
    So i was put on Amitriptyline, just 75mg, and it did help me at that time.

i hope this my personal info is helpful, but remember, everyone react differently even to the same medication, and the best sound advice you should get is from your Doctor.

Kind regards,
    David

Thankyou Davavenza for that info it is vey helpful. I am off to the doctors this morning to speak to a GP who has a psychiatry treatment history so we'll see what happens.
    Here's to good days for all

Hi again,
    Just a quick update. I was given trazodone 150 mg for the first 2 weeks then rising to 300 mg.
    I must say I feel like I'm on planet zog and it doesn't knock me out like it seems to so many others, I have weird dreams which is fine but I hate to look in the mirror because my eyes blow up like balloons and I look like hell, even my family have noticed so am not looking forward to the double dose I should take from next week.
    No more codeine or propranolol though so that's a good thing.
    I will post this also on the trazodone thread to see if anyone else has the eye thing.
    Here's to good days for all

Thread Information