Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Lymph Node Update - Scared

Re: Lymph Node Update - Scared

I have some of those even now. You come here to vent and I totally get that, but that, honestly, isn't enough to combat anxiety. You need to be really proactive.

I have said this many times in other people's threads, but when you "know" you have a given illness, you do everything you can to treat it, even when it turns out to be imaginary. If you really had cancer, would you sit around and let it kill you, or would you treat it, fight it, and do your best to put it into remission?

So, why do you do nothing to combat the anxiety, when you *know* it is something you really have? It is one proactive step you can take to feeling better, to recovering, and living a normal, healthy life.

And I should say, venting can be cathartic, but reassurance seeking is the opposite of helpful to treating health anxiety. Are you seeing anyone for the anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    I have some of those even now. You come here to vent and I totally get that, but that, honestly, isn't enough to combat anxiety. You need to be really proactive.

I have said this many times in other people's threads, but when you "know" you have a given illness, you do everything you can to treat it, even when it turns out to be imaginary. If you really had cancer, would you sit around and let it kill you, or would you treat it, fight it, and do your best to put it into remission?

So, why do you do nothing to combat the anxiety, when you *know* it is something you really have? It is one proactive step you can take to feeling better, to recovering, and living a normal, healthy life.

And I should say, venting can be cathartic, but reassurance seeking is the opposite of helpful to treating health anxiety. Are you seeing anyone for the anxiety?
    I am going to an ENT next week, so I'm not just sitting around.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I am going to an ENT next week, so I'm not just sitting around.
    I assumed that and exactly my point. You are getting help for something you do not likely even have. What are you doing to address the condition you actually *do* have, being your health anxiety? Are you seeing anyone for it?

Darkside vent if it helps but at least have the decency to preface your post with how irrational you are being

This time I don't know how irrational I'm being to be honest. I feel quite ill. I feel like I'm going to throw up and have this weird fullness feeling in my left side. I believe it's my spleen that is swollen from the lymphoma.

If you were being rational your Mum, or the surgeon would have flagged up a problem.

You are adding up 2 and 2 and coming up with 2million

Look back on your previous posts, you are always convinced despite the opinion of experts and people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    I assumed that and exactly my point. You are getting help for something you do not likely even have. What are you doing to address the condition you actually *do* have, being your health anxiety? Are you seeing anyone for it?
    Quoting my own post, I know, but just to ask again, what are you doing about the anxiety?

I am not asking to be snide, nor am I asking sarcastically. I don't think you have ever answered me a single time I have asked what you were doing about anxiety. Are you getting any help at all for it? Because, having been where you are 20 years ago, I can tell you you will not claw your way out without some help.

So, are you seeing anyone at all?

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I think expressing my fears and concerns here is an outlet. A place for all the worry and anxiety to vent a little bit.

The surgeon said I could see an ENT for follow up. He didn't guarantee it was "nothing".

It's the combination of symptoms that is concerning. If it was just this node and no other real symptoms, I don't think I would be concerned, but it's:

- Node
    - Itching all over (Itching hand literally woke me up)
    - Feeling of fullness / nausea in upper left stomach area (swollen spleen common in Lymphoma)
    - Neck pain
    The surgeon said that because he wasn't looking at a patient. NO respectable doctor will EVER tell you for certain there is no reason to worry without an exam, because that would be dangerous (in terms of liability and medical correctness).

He didnt see a worry i what he was presented. He said to see an ENT if you are worried, because he can't tell from a sonogram if you are having other problems to investigate. The node he saw didn't worry him, but wants you to be comfortable and assured. It doesn't mean something sinister.

You wouldn't see an ENT consultant for suspected lymphoma.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You wouldn't see an ENT consultant for suspected lymphoma.
    You would see an ENT for a swollen lymph node in your neck. That's literally who the surgeon said I should see.

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information