Page 118 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

from the Independant:-

Nigel Farage's new Brexit Party has surged ahead in opinion polls for next month's European Parliament elections, with a new survey suggesting it is on course to leave Labour and the Conservatives trailing in its wake.
    The YouGov poll placed the party on 27 per cent within a week of its launch, putting it well ahead of Labour on 22 per cent and the Conservatives on 15 per cent, just weeks before the 23 May elections.
    The Green Party is on 10 per cent, the Liberal Democrats on 9 per cent and Change UK - The Independent Group on 6 per cent, once non-voters and people who are unsure how they will vote are excluded.

If you look at General Election polls taken recently as well that means that during EU elections Labour are losing 10-12% to the Brexit Party and the Tories even more.

Last edited by mezzaninedoor; 18-04-19 at 20:15. Reason: added GE line

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Nothing like being 'talked and taught' by the USA.
    Theres not a Politician in the UK who isnt aware of the need to keep the GFA in place.
    Yep, I particularly liked the arrogance of the one who claims no one who voted Leave would understand how it feels to cross the border with soldiers as he, the poor little darling, had to all those years ago. Well, aside from our own people over there, the NI residents (many of whom actually voted Leave) and of course we were so insulated from the troubles we didn't experience all the terrorism over here either...

It just comes across as more American arrogance, we all need them to lead our "free world".

I think the EU elections on May 23rd will be incredibly politicised by all parties and I think they will give Brexiteers a bit more steel to their arguments as Im pretty sure that the Brexit Party & UKIP will do well again. It will as you say be hard for the Remainers to spin anything after that if that is what happens but Remain have hardly got a prescence in the May 23rd elections, its just the Change party isnt it ?
    The LibDems, Greens, SNP, Plaid? But how many field candidates?

Labour & Tory are the ones we don't understand with all their splits. Labour seem to be fielding Remain supporting candidates though.

TIG seem to be doing awful in the polls.

from the Independant:-

Nigel Farage's new Brexit Party has surged ahead in opinion polls for next month's European Parliament elections, with a new survey suggesting it is on course to leave Labour and the Conservatives trailing in its wake.
    The YouGov poll placed the party on 27 per cent within a week of its launch, putting it well ahead of Labour on 22 per cent and the Conservatives on 15 per cent, just weeks before the 23 May elections.
    The Green Party is on 10 per cent, the Liberal Democrats on 9 per cent and Change UK - The Independent Group on 6 per cent, once non-voters and people who are unsure how they will vote are excluded.

If you look at General Election polls taken recently as well that means that during EU elections Labour are losing 10-12% to the Brexit Party and the Tories even more.

Interesting about the Labour losses, I hadn't read that. I had read between the first poll, where Farage got 10% an so did UKIP, that UKIP lost loads to them and the Tories saw a reduction too. It does also show that UKIP did attract from both major parties, something that some media have been trying to portray as Tory only.

But it is perhaps easier when you are a single issue party? That doesn't work in a GE though as there are many reasons why you vote but a protest vote in EU elections is easier for many to justify, especially since we are supposed to be leaving anyway.

Another article in the Indy was claimng for Farage to be banned off the airwaves.

I think this is an interesting You Tube featuring Ken Loach & Stewart Lee:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBOioHCl_EM

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Terry... you just got my goat - https://wikidiff.com/pry/prise
    Having that goat will be handy if Brexit finally goes through as such horrors as no bin collections will likely be detailed in our lovely media, that's Brexit no bin collections as opposed to regular council cutback no bin collections

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The EU elections are due...I wonder what they will say should Farage win? We demand a 3rd referendum?
    Terry... Carnation.... An intriguing situation developing before our very eyes: Farage/Brexit Party (aided and abetted by the Cross Party ) takes most/all English MEP seats; this is ‘seen’ by the leavers as just reinforcing the leave result from Bref1; the remainers (and the remainers bible, The Guardian) realise immediately the significance of the situation; Labour, Liberals and Change back-pedal like mad on Bref2; Mrs May gets sacked (by some conniving change in Conservative party rules); in comes Boris-the-Berk; hey presto! we’re back to 24th June 2016; Boris goes off to play cricket. The only thing that would make this fully symmetrical is if those Euro-elections could be held on 23rd June…
    Perhaps a slight shift in tactics but still with the same old aims...

Brexit Day + 22

Tory MPs told The Telegraph the future of their party is 'diabolical' and that voters had described the Westminster elite as ‘w*****s’.”

This is just not on! How dare they! Even though those letters are obscured, we all know that it can only be one word; and I don’t think anyone should be allowed to describe the Westminster elite as ‘Workers. Who says satire is dead? (Who says it ought to be?)
    Winners? Wombles? ("underground over ground wombling Tory. The wombles of Westminster, Common Market are we" )

What? People describing politicians as a bunch of shits is news?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    ("underground over ground wombling Tory. The wombles of Westminster, Common Market are we" )

Never Surrender, Comrade

King Nigel is back it seems, back to rescue his people and lead them from the Wilderness, though to be fair the ineptitude of the Labour & Tory front benches have set the scene for this

Maybe he'll few a few more months as a bonus in which he can mug our EU partners off, time he wouldn't have got if we had Brexit

What happens to the fact that the EU adopted English as its language in 2010 ?

from the forums ......... Thanks to Swiss Karl Sept 2008

Article extract:

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c".. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f".. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

Page 118 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast

Thread Information