Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Stomach worries

Re: Stomach worries

Hi. I just read through your journey and I can relate to most of your symptoms and your desperation. I've had IBS flare-ups for many years, and each time there are different symptoms which always cause me to panic and expect the worst (I have HA).

My latest flare-up has been going on now for over two months with pain under my ribs, back pain, lower tummy ache, diarrhoea, constipation, bleeding hemmeroids, acid reflux, discomfort in back passage, fatigue dizziness etc. and sky high anxiety. (Just to let you know you're not alone)

The Doctor confirmed IBS (again!) but this time it didn't give me the reassurance required to calm my anxiety it seems.
    I think we get caught in a loop; symptoms = anxiety, anxiety = more symtoms.

In desperation I went to a Homeopath. She spent an hour explaining IBS to me. Apparently when we're anxious and we lose our appetite it's because when our system is in that "fight or flight" mode, our digestive system stops working. Of course we still have to eat but because the food isn't being processed properly it ferments in the colon and this causes gas, the gas causes the pain. It eventually cause inflammation too.
    She believes IBS is cause by a combination of food intolerance and anxiety. She tested me for allergies and discovered I am allergic (or intolerant) to several foods including gluten.
    She has given me something called Glutagenics which is hopefully going to heal the inflammation and something else for my anxiety.

From my experience it's the anxiety that causes most of the problems. When I take anti anxiety meds I have very few symptoms. (Depending on what I eat)
    Maybe you need something for your anxiety and maybe you could get tested for food allergies to see what in your diet may be aggravating your symptoms. I also keep a food diary which is a big help.

Hi Becky thanks for replying. My breath test results came back today saying they're negative. This has thrown me into a massive anxiety spike. If it's not the hplyori that's causing the symptoms and the tablets are not helping me any more I'm scared it can only be one thing now :( I've still got an appetite thankfully, but I'm now wide awake and terrified

It seems you've been seen by a number of doctors and had a number of tests. Since nothing much has shown up and the doctors don't seem too concerned I'd say there's a very good chance you have IBS. Why not try the FODMAP diet and some anti-anxiety medication. Keep a food diary. Give it a few weeks and see if things calm down. Or as I suggested, find out if you're allergic to any foods, it could be as simple as that.
    We never want to believe all the symptoms that anxiety can cause. I know. I'm practically a professional when it comes to anxiety induced symptoms!
    I've had so many symptoms due to anxiety-fuelled IBS and I really sympathise with you.

Afternoon everyone. I've tried to stay off the site and focus on my self, but the symptoms have continued and I am now a mess thinking about this. The test results for my hplyori came back negative, which would be great, except my symptoms have continued. Constant stomach, cramps etc. I was still taking the ranitidine and for a few weeks in April the symptoms lessened to nearly going. However, I accidentally cooked something that was ever so slightly spicy last Tuesday and since then my stomach ache has been back and with force. I was reading online about hplyori and it says it is associated with gastric cancer. Since my hplyori has gone, I'm now terrified that I know what these symptoms are for :(

You have a cause and effect as well as a remedy, so? How often are you taking the ranitidine?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm taking them twice a day as prescribed - they've given me a repeat prescription. But it's not been helping this week :(What do you mean by cause and effect? The hplyori is gone according to my retest, but the symptoms continue. So it cannot be that what is causing this

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    What do you mean by cause and effect?
    Food that didn't agree with you, symptoms, ramped up anxiety = continued symptoms. Keep taking the med and look into the FODMAP diet.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

But can your stomach really be out of whack like that for a week and it not be serious?Got a real bad feeling about this since it's been going on so long :(

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    But can your stomach really be out of whack like that for a week and it not be serious?Got a real bad feeling about this since it's been going on so long :(
    The fact that it comes and goes the way it has and you had a reaction to spicy food makes it even more likely that it’s not something serious, just annoying!

I have month long flares sometimes, during these times I’m more sensitive to my trigger foods.

How has your life been? The last time we talked I recall you and your partner were working through a loss in the family. I hope you and he are doing okay? Is there anything that’s been causing you stress in life recently? Anything you’re concerned about coming up in the future - or even anything that your excited about?

The emotional effects on the body are very strong and can have surprisingly long windows of time that they cause issue for.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi Mouse, thanks for replying. I hope you're well! The life stuff has been ok, actually. The loss of his dad was really tough for a long time, but it's been slightly easier over the last few months. We bought a house (and a cat!) in early March so that was new and exciting, so nothing has been stressing me/us out too much. I've been keeping a pain diary and for the most part in April my stomach wasn't bothering me much at all. So when my symptoms started to get worse again it's really thrown me for a loop - especially since the ranitidine doesn't seem to be helping much now. Terrified it's gastric cancer and it's too late :(

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information