Page 83 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    It’s okay.

Oh don’t worry I don’t think those of us who worried about it in the first place have forgotten about it. I most certainly haven’t. I already have anxiety and OCD, germs are my biggest fear so I am already obsessive over the hand washing, not touching door handles etc. I worry because not everyone is like me in that way.

people can be disgusting, it’s like when there are illnesses going around school and work. People play the hero and come in when they’re ill thus having a knock on effect on everyone else. Personally I find them selfish, not heroic.

I don’t want to make like this is ok because obviously it’s not but a majority are elderly or have existing health issues. There is a handful of younger people having severe consequences but this can also happen with other viruses. Personally, elderly and already ill people are just as important as everyone else x
    haha, I am exactly the same! I detest people who openly let rip huge sneezes or coughs in close proximity to others, making no attempt whatsoever to stifle or cover their eruptions. Today on the subway I saw just how diseases spread: A young man grabbed the hand rail by the door to steady himself as the train went round a bend, then got off at the next stop. At the next stop a young woman got on and grabbed the exact same spot he had just touched, and then she later proceeded to rub her eyes because presumably they were itchy. I almost felt like screaming out "Nooooooo, stop!", but I would've looked crazy doing so. Basically, people need to raise their personal hygiene game drastically if we are going to stand more than a snowball in hell's chance of stopping this epidemic become a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    haha, I am exactly the same! I detest people who openly let rip huge sneezes or coughs in close proximity to others, making no attempt whatsoever to stifle or cover their eruptions. Today on the subway I saw just how diseases spread: A young man grabbed the hand rail by the door to steady himself as the train went round a bend, then got off at the next stop. At the next stop a young woman got on and grabbed the exact same spot he had just touched, and then she later proceeded to rub her eyes because presumably they were itchy. I almost felt like screaming out "Nooooooo, stop!", but I would've looked crazy doing so. Basically, people need to raise their personal hygiene game drastically if we are going to stand more than a snowball in hell's chance of stopping this epidemic become a pandemic.
    Oh no! It is gross! It’s like going on a plane. I take anti-bac wipes and wipe the trays, arm rests and seatbelts. If I could get some bleach on board I’d do that! my husband isn’t bothered by germs in the slightest and it causes no end of bickering. Makes my skin crawl some people

Wow! 82 pages on this thread. And it looks like the thread started in 2013? Weird.
    I had a doctor's appointment last week and my doctor is Chinese. I said what do you think about the coronavirus he said well a thousand deaths in China is really an extremely small number. and getting the virus isn't a death sentence at all. How many people died from the flu last year? Plaques and illness have been throughout history and the vast majority of people survive them. And most of all that happened before modern medicine.

By the way how does one leave a public restroom? Do you just grab the handle? Do you use a wipe or paper towel? Do you wait for somebody else to come in and then leave while the door is open? What is your method?

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    By the way how does one leave a public restroom? Do you just grab the handle? Do you use a wipe or paper towel? Do you wait for somebody else to come in and then leave while the door is open? What is your method?
    I zip up the fly on my hazmat suit, open the door and leave.

I remember once many years ago the site boss (my future boss) coming out of the stalls and just leaving without washing his hands. I walked back into the office and there he was shaking hands with someone

Terry! Haha yes that's not cool. My new method is after I wash my hands I start to scream bloody murder and someone comes running in and then I leave.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I zip up the fly on my hazmat suit, open the door and leave.

I remember once many years ago the site boss (my future boss) coming out of the stalls and just leaving without washing his hands. I walked back into the office and there he was shaking hands with someone
    I'm sorry, but that is just f'kn disgusting and so selfish. People like that are public health hazards and they should be called on it too.

As a matter of fact I was in one yesterday and there's a guy in there who just finished his business and walked out the door and he worked in the grocery store I was in. I wasn't sure which one it was because they all had uniforms on but if I knew I would have gone up to him and said next time wash your hands pal.

but every public restroom here has a sign in it that says employees must wash their hands before returning to work. It's the law to have those signs but not everybody obeys them unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Terry! Haha yes that's not cool. My new method is after I wash my hands I start to scream bloody murder and someone comes running in and then I leave.
    Alternatively use the women's and as you are being hit with handbags no doubt someone will come in to see what the fuss is about therefore allowing you a window of escape without holding the door

Page 83 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread Information