Page 319 of 384 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Feeling negative about this today...

any good news to report?

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    And this is exactly what is causing so many anxiety induced episodes even in people that haven’t previously had any anxiety disorders.
    Right! My mother has been having anxiety over this and she very rarely worries about too many things, it's just not in her nature. But that is exactly what the news media wants in order to get the clicks. Pull in the people with negative headlines that don't have that much anxiety and get their attention too, never mind the rest of us that have actual GAD/Panic disorders.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    You’d think that they’d realize by now they’re going to get a ton of clicks on the positive stories right now too because so many people are desperate for even a glimmer of positivity and hope.
    Well yeah, we would think that, but see, they wouldn't make as much money if they spent too much time on the positive side of things or positive stories. Unfortunately, in our world, negative news gets more attention then positive news and they've researched that. You can see that in the way they report politics in constant criticism with a "us versus them" mentality. They know they're going to get more of your attention with all that negativity, instead of reporting some of the positive truthful aspects from a different perspective. It's got to be drama, it's got to be dire, it's got to be blown a little bit out of proportion, and it's got to be no good, so that it can sell, sell, sell.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    I'll do my best..

- Over 750,000 people have signed up to volunteer for the NHS
    - In China, reports are showing less than 30 fatalities per day for well over 3 weeks now dropping down to around 5 per day more recently. Obviously any fatality is bad - but the downward trend shows promise for the rest of the world.
    - Lockdown measures, from my understanding, have an approximately 3 week delay in terms of deaths reported- meaning in the UK, we should brace ourselves for the next 3 weeks to include alarmingly high numbers, but in time the lockdown measures will no doubt work and we should be grateful for such lockdown measures as every person who complies is helping to halt the spread of the virus.
    - The virus is forcing countries all over the world to work together. China has sent teams to Italy and other countries for example, to help them in the fight against the pandemic.
    - Mass anti-body testing will hopefully allow certain restrictions to be eased up over time
    - New cases in Italy have been declining. There are promising reports from the Italian health ministry that despite high death tolls currently, they believe they may be at the peak, with numbers declining in the near future. I hope this proves to be correct.
    Thank you for this!

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    I'll do my best..

- Over 750,000 people have signed up to volunteer for the NHS
    - In China, reports are showing less than 30 fatalities per day for well over 3 weeks now dropping down to around 5 per day more recently. Obviously any fatality is bad - but the downward trend shows promise for the rest of the world.
    - Lockdown measures, from my understanding, have an approximately 3 week delay in terms of deaths reported- meaning in the UK, we should brace ourselves for the next 3 weeks to include alarmingly high numbers, but in time the lockdown measures will no doubt work and we should be grateful for such lockdown measures as every person who complies is helping to halt the spread of the virus.
    - The virus is forcing countries all over the world to work together. China has sent teams to Italy and other countries for example, to help them in the fight against the pandemic.
    - Mass anti-body testing will hopefully allow certain restrictions to be eased up over time
    - New cases in Italy have been declining. There are promising reports from the Italian health ministry that despite high death tolls currently, they believe they may be at the peak, with numbers declining in the near future. I hope this proves to be correct.
    fantastic post anxious_dan!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Feeling negative about this today...

any good news to report?
    I'll give you one from my local newspaper. An 82 year old man rushed in with breathing difficulties who's family thought it would be the end have him back out and much better after 4 days.

Is there some form of positive campaign to get children to put up drawings on their windows? I've seen a few hear and There, a couple on my street. I saw another today painted on the front of the wall caving the road saying thank you to the NHS. I thought how lovely that will be for NHS workers to see after a hard day.

It's mostly rainbows and smiley faces. Some messages saying to stay in.

It's a great idea for the kids.

My neighbors kids gave me a sign they made of “Jesus loves you”. ...when to remind them I”m Jewish? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Is there some form of positive campaign to get children to put up drawings on their windows? I've seen a few hear and There, a couple on my street. I saw another today painted on the front of the wall caving the road saying thank you to the NHS. I thought how lovely that will be for NHS workers to see after a hard day.

It’s to send a positive/friendly message to any school friends walking past. We haven’t done it because we’re quite far back from the road, but it’s a nice thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

And yet there are people who describe this as "virtue signalling" and "pictures don't get them tests and PPE".

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    And yet there are people who describe this as "virtue signalling" and "pictures don't get them tests and PPE".
    Holding up morale has always been essential in any "war". People who neglect the spiritual side of a struggle for the purely material are idiots.

Page 319 of 384 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast

Thread Information