Page 180 of 717 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Gary.

I think this virus is like the flu (bare with me) but more like the kind of flu someone with health conditions can experience. As an asthma sufferer all my life a basic cold can mean a couple of weeks of antibiotics, steroids and double inhaler use, no work and a lot of sitting around with no energy for anything struggling to breathe. But something like pneumonia, which I've been in hospital with, felt like someone had smashed my ribs and I was in an ambulance 30 mins later in the middle of the night. What you are saying reminds me of that.

The temperature issue reminds me of a mate years ago who had flare ups of the malaria he once had. He would go off work for a week and sleep on a radiator to sweat it away.

So healthy people might find themselves struggling more because it has the power to inflict a more advanced illness. So then adding that to existing health conditions, as you say, is just piling more on top.

Get well soon.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Gary.

I'm sure you'll be OK, given your general good health you have described.

Going back to the daily stats, I know there's still plenty of time but the original forecasts of cases exceeding 50k by mid-October never quite materialised, even though I know the stats from PHE that are released on a daily basis aren't always reliable and are prone to both undercounting and overcounting, and over the past week or so the overall trend appears to have remained mostly stable, despite the continued see-sawing of cases every 2-3 days.

Last Wednesday, for instance, recorded cases reached 26k, then back down to just 19k by Sunday, then back up slightly to 20k yesterday (Monday). I do wonder if last Wednesday's high of 26k was a repeat of earlier undercounting once again and consequently playing catch-up, or whether it was genuine, but a possible anomaly?

Also the overall number of daily deaths, though sadly now in excess of 100-200 per day, are still some way off the 1k-odd per day on about 4 or 5 occasions back in April, possibly due to younger people now mostly being affected, and also due to the possibility of actual infection rates being far higher than was actually realised earlier in the year.

In addition, last week's UK-wide R-rate was reported to have dropped slightly, so there might still be some silver linings.

Hi Gary I also wish you well,get plenty of rest xx

Get lots of rest Gary, hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best wishes, Gary.

And from me, Gary. Look after yourself and get well soon.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, very much appreciated. I had a really rough night last night but today my symptoms have eased off a little. I’m bed bound at the moment and feeling quite breathless when I get up to walk around but the headaches and fever seem to have calmed down a little.

As if that weren’t bad enough, I tried eating some bacon this morning and couldn’t taste a thing. I mean seriously, I knew this virus was bad but when it’s robbing you of the pleasure of tasting bacon it’s basically just taking the p*ss now isn’t it?

At least you've got your sense of humour Gary, kudos to you mate. Hang in there, you'll be through this soon enough. We're all with you in spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Thanks for all the well wishes guys, very much appreciated. I had a really rough night last night but today my symptoms have eased off a little. I’m bed bound at the moment and feeling quite breathless when I get up to walk around but the headaches and fever seem to have calmed down a little.

As if that weren’t bad enough, I tried eating some bacon this morning and couldn’t taste a thing. I mean seriously, I knew this virus was bad but when it’s robbing you of the pleasure of tasting bacon it’s basically just taking the p*ss now isn’t it?
    I'm pleased to know your symptoms have eased off a little today, Gary.

Just keep taking care of yourself and surely you'll be OK.

It has also been speculated (in The Scotsman, according to one of the threads on Digital Spy) that initial doses of the first vaccine might start being rolled out in Scotland as early as the first week of November, though mainly to healthcare workers and those considered most vulnerable.

Sounds promising, if true, even if only it helps reduce the R-rate initially.

Just a bit of an update here if people are interested.

My symptoms have almost completely subsided and I’m now just itching to get back out into the world. My isolation period is due to end on Monday as that’ll be ten days after my symptoms started.

I spent an hour on the phone to the NHS track and trace service last night and I think I’ve managed to nail down all of my recent contacts and get them into isolation so hopefully I haven’t caused too much of a chain reaction.

For anyone who’s scared of this virus, please do continue to take it seriously as I can promise you, it’s easily the worst illness I’ve ever had and whilst I’m no longer suffering from a high temperature or headache, I still feel as if I’ve went 12 rounds with Tyson Fury. But, I’ll be fine, I’ll recover and I’ll be over it completely in a few days.

Keep your distance, wash your hands and wear a face covering when required. Above all, stay safe. And thank you all for your good wishes, despite me being a grumpy git I do have feelings. 😂

Page 180 of 717 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280680 ... LastLast

Thread Information