Page 21 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    As far as I know there have been two deaths during the trials of diverse vaccines but in both cases it has been established the deaths were unrelated to the vaccine.

(That's what 'they' want you to think, anyway. It's the 5G, I tell you!)
    That's what Dr JC explained in his YouTube vids.

And luckily before the press got the chance to jump all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    No.

The vaccine has been trialed in thousands of people and the most adverse reaction detected has been dizziness.

Compare that to the most adverse reaction of Covid. Around 0.5% of people contracting Covid die from air suffocation.

I know which one I’d rather try.
    Remember we're all more far more likely to to die in car crashes on a daily basis than from any of the forthcoming Covid vaccines, or even from Covid itself.

I'm not so sure about that last statement, LB, but then I wouldn't be. I thought I read someone with my co-morbidities has a greater than 20% chance of dying from Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I'm not so sure about that last statement, LB, but then I wouldn't be. I thought I read someone with my co-morbidities has a greater than 20% chance of dying from Covid.
    Sorry PM, I meant that most people are probably more likely to die in car crashes than of Covid itself, and even more so (in car crashes) than from the Covid vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sorry PM, I meant that most people are probably more likely to die in car crashes than of Covid itself, and even more so (in car crashes) than from the Covid vaccines.
    According to a website citing data nearly 20 years old (I couldn't find anything newer) the lifetime risk of dying in a car crash is about 0.42%, or 1 in 240. However, traffic fatalities are at their lowest ever - about 1700 p.a.

153k road casualties of all severities in 2019. 1.7k deaths down from 3k in 2004.

Does an 80% chance of survival sound good? And what increases it e.g. accessing help quicker? There is also a % risk for catching it in the first place. That can greatly reduce the 20% e.g. it can't be 20% if you rarely leave the house vs someone out shopping 5 times a week.

I'm food shopping 5 times a week (no freezer). As far as I'm aware I haven't had the virus. Do statistics matter anyway when it comes down to personal experience?

Did you see the Fulham v Everton game Pulisa? I watched it at my Dad's. We have a decent attack but shocking defence, it makes for exciting viewing for a neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm food shopping 5 times a week (no freezer). As far as I'm aware I haven't had the virus. Do statistics matter anyway when it comes down to personal experience?
    Anecdote does not equal data... I shop about twice, maybe three times a week now; no fridge or freezer here, something I should try and remedy. Lots of tins and packets and with winter approaching, the kitchen cupboard does get down to fridge-like temperatures!

Don't forget the fruit and veg though, PM. Kiwis and oranges keep well and are high in vitamin C.

Every little helps..allegedly. I've got plenty of tinned sardines in stock too.

Page 21 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread Information