Page 439 of 717 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Well of course cash would be seen as a huge bribe and it would be grossly unfair to reward people for having a jab which most people have happily had without wanting or needing an incentive.

I'm sure some would be persuaded by money though..Those not under the influence of ardent anti vaxxers.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But what would the incentive be? Just Eat voucher, free cup at Costa, etc?
    Beer, I'd be there daily!

I read the other day that in Washington they were offering pre-rolled joints! Obviously it's legal there haha

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It would be interesting to see how resistant the vax hesitants would be if offered a financial incentive as they do in some US States.

Not ethical of course but would be intriguing.
    There are many bars and restaurants offering free drinks to vaxxed folks. Anheuser Busch has offered a free beer to everyone (21yo+) if we meet Biden's vax goal by July 4th and there have been many raffles and such that have awarded prizes (cash and otherwise) to vaxxed folks.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 10-06-21 at 18:39.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    There are many bars and restaurants offering free drinks to vaxxed folks. Anheuser Busch has offered a free beer to everyone (21yo+) if we meet Biden's vax goal by July 4th and there have been many raffles and such that have awarded prizes (cash and otherwise) to vaxxed folks.

FMP
    "Anheuser Busch" and "beer" in the same sentence.

Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    "Anheuser Busch" and "beer" in the same sentence.

Hmmm.
    I hear you but they've bought out many really good craft brewing companies. It's not all Bud, Michelob and Natural Light anymore. Devil's Backbone and Elysian Brewing among them. I'll take an Elysian Space Dust IPA any day

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 10-06-21 at 19:30.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Indeed, some great craft beers in the US and here in the UK there's a great number of what I call APAs - IPAs but using American hops like Citra and Summit, brewed very much in an American style. I used to get a chance to sample them at our local beer festival but sadly, that has been cancelled for the second year running due to Covid.

On the subject of Covid, in the USA it now seems mortality is climbing amongst white 50 - 74 year olds.

Which Groups Are Still Dying of Covid in the U.S.? https://nyti.ms/3gaYsl4

Our local rate has risen a fair bit over the last week. But as long as hospital admissions stay low it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Indeed, some great craft beers in the US and here in the UK there's a great number of what I call APAs - IPAs but using American hops like Citra and Summit, brewed very much in an American style. I used to get a chance to sample them at our local beer festival but sadly, that has been cancelled for the second year running due to Covid.

On the subject of Covid, in the USA it now seems mortality is climbing amongst white 50 - 74 year olds.

Which Groups Are Still Dying of Covid in the U.S.? https://nyti.ms/3gaYsl4
    I'd be curious to see a more detailed demographic of those 50-74yo. Location and political leaning in particular. Speaking of IPAs though..... I don't know if you can get it in the UK but a craft brewery here called 'Heavy Seas' makes one called 'Double Cannon Double IPA' and it's a killer brew! An IPA hoppy bite and WAY too drinkable for being 9.5% ABV. One... maybe two at the most and you're more than good!

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 11-06-21 at 00:54.

Free cup first jab? Free coffee in it second jab?

I had a free Costa coffee on account of being served by an incredibly rude barista - because I hadn't answered her fast enough said, 'Oh, I'll just talk to myself then'. I don't have the capacity to mouth off verbally in front of strangers, so I just seethed my way to a table, but needless to say my fingers hit the laptop keyboard as soon as I got home and I got an apology and free coffee!

Re incentive to get jabbed? I'm already double-jabbed but should I have required incentive other than moral one then a signed piccy of Tom Hardy lookin' moody would have done nicely.

Page 439 of 717 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast

Thread Information