Page 684 of 692 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 6920

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

The weather is awful. Poor little flowers getting bashed about in the garden. Well I suppose it is March, March winds and all that.
    I'm catching up on house chores so I'm up to date for Easter, which looks like being a very wet one. Those public holidays always seem to be doomed with bad weather.
    Still, it's nice in, looking out because the sun is out for most of the day.
    Good time to Spring clean. That sun showing up all the bits we couldn't see in the winter, lol.
    TV is its usual disappointment but was surprised to see Maverick (Top Gun), it's usually Carry on films, James Bond and Harry Potter. Lol.
    My anxiety has been up and down and normally caused by an unexplained pain, twitch or feeling runover.
    I'm dealing with the normal stresses quite well which includes numerous glitches with changing supplier for the Tv, WiFi and phone which has been going on for a month now. What ever happened to red telephone box at the end of the street, only having 5 tv channels and still spoilt for choice on what to watch and relief when you couldn't be contacted by text messaging and emails 24/7.
    It's up to us to choose what we do in our day and its still possible to switch off from time to time and do some creative or productive. Keep that in mind.

We were just saying the other day after yet another wrangling with British Gas agents, ( why can’t we just talk to someone?) how much simpler life was when we first got married. There was only one electricity supplier and one gas supplier. Your paper bill came in the post and you took it into town to the gas shop. Next door was the electricity shop so you could go in and pay that one too. In their mission to make life simpler and efficient, they have made it a lot more complicated.

Yes TV was dire, nothing on at all…again. I really don’t know what’s happening to it. We ended up watching Top Gun. Not on the TV though. We decided to watch it on Netflix so avoiding all the adverts. Started it at the same time and finished an hour earlier. Result!
    Neither of my sons watch TV, even they say there is nothing on. They have Netflix, Amazon etc. Is it a chicken and egg situation? The Tv companies know fewer people are watching so they are less inclined to make good programmes costing millions. So they make cheap rubbish and no one watches. A vicious circle if ever there was one.

Ghost…Spillways

I did exactly the same darksky. Watched Maverick (Top Gun) on Netflix.
    I've got a new station with my new TV package and it's 'Now'. Some good stuff on there.
    As for the Tv main stations... Pft.

I agree, lots of younger folk not watching TV anymore. Nothing for them and nothing for the likes of us.
    Don't get me started on the adverts.
    Practically everyone is disease related or asking for money. What ever happened to the likes of 'the secret lemonade drinker', 'the man with milk tray' and 'Because you're worth it'?
    Well I'm worth it not to watch anything on the TV that is just not watchable, lol.

I too don't bother watching programmes when they are broadcasted, I just go straight to iPlayer or whichever one is relevant.

I just asked co-pilot (Microsoft AI) if it got lonely. It's answer...[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.894)]As an artificial intelligence, I don’t have feelings, so I don’t experience loneliness. I’m designed to assist users by providing information and answering questions to the best of my ability. If you have any other questions or need assistance with something, feel free to ask!
    [/COLOR]

How lovely to never get lonely. Or is it? After all, for the yin we need the yang. The night and the day, the rain and the sun. Without one we don't appreciate the other.

You can be lonely in a crowded room fishman.
    You can be lonely if you feel you don't fit in.
    You can feel lonely and have family.
    And you can feed lonely with Anxiety.

Ask your AI who's it's boss. You might be surprised at its answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    We were just saying the other day after yet another wrangling with British Gas agents, ( why can’t we just talk to someone?) how much simpler life was when we first got married. There was only one electricity supplier and one gas supplier. Your paper bill came in the post and you took it into town to the gas shop. Next door was the electricity shop so you could go in and pay that one too. In their mission to make life simpler and efficient, they have made it a lot more complicated.

Yes TV was dire, nothing on at all…again. I really don’t know what’s happening to it. We ended up watching Top Gun. Not on the TV though. We decided to watch it on Netflix so avoiding all the adverts. Started it at the same time and finished an hour earlier. Result!
    Neither of my sons watch TV, even they say there is nothing on. They have Netflix, Amazon etc. Is it a chicken and egg situation? The Tv companies know fewer people are watching so they are less inclined to make good programmes costing millions. So they make cheap rubbish and no one watches. A vicious circle if ever there was one.
    God, if we knew 30-odd years ago what we know now.....?

Last year my husband decided to get rid of our TV license. So now we can't watch any live TV or use iplayer, we can use the other catch ups and we've got Netflix. There's a few things I miss from the BBC but to be honest it's not really changed my life too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Last year my husband decided to get rid of our TV license. So now we can't watch any live TV or use iplayer, we can use the other catch ups and we've got Netflix. There's a few things I miss from the BBC but to be honest it's not really changed my life too much.
    Well at least your household will be devoid of both the BBC and Sky News channels; both of which can be the bane of my life at times. Especially the managements of many public places' obsession with having to have either one of said channels beamed into our faces.

I personally find YouTube one of the greatest advents of the 21st Century so far. While there's obviously a lot of rubbish on there (plus sometimes rude comments of course), there's a far greater amount of excellent stuff of both old and new where we can pick and choose whatever we're interested in at any given time by a simple search query, which obviously can't be done with conventional live TV.

It essentially serves as a great audio-visual 'public library'.

Catkins, I'm seriously considering not renewing next time around. I do believe we are going backwards in that department.

YouTube is great Lencoboy, a great addition.

I just have the streaming services that my parents pay for, but I may not even have those soon since so many are cracking down on sharing passwords. I’m not sure what I’ll do when those go away. I don’t watch a ton of TV, but I do like to fall asleep to it as background noise sometimes.

The weather is bizzare here today. Every channel has a different prediction. The only for sure seems to be that it is windy, but it may get cold or stay warm, it may be sunny or cloudy or rain/thunderstorms, or maybe it will snow.

I dropped Chisum off to get his warts removed today. He was very nervous and I nearly cried when I left. I’m sure they’ll take good care of him and it should be quick, but I fret a lot whenever he has to be put under. They said he’d be done around noon, and I’m staying home this afternoon with him, so I just have to keep my head on until then.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 684 of 692 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686 ... LastLast

Thread Information