Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling a bit hopeless sometimes

Feeling a bit hopeless sometimes

I swear, my anxiety is getting worse every week thanks to this pandemic. Not even because of the disease itself but because being cooped up for week after week is not doing my mental health any favours. Now anxious thoughts that were easier to deal with before are now harder to battle. I know there's a vaccine on the way but I'm not even sure when normality will return thanks to the political fiasco surrounding this pandemic especially in the UK where I live. :(

I really not feeling myself these days. Will things ever get better? Thanks.

Re: Feeling a bit hopeless sometimes

I don't know the answers to these questions, but I want to tell you that you're not alone. Many of us are feeling isolated and cooped up. The best thing is you can do is reach out. A problem shared is a problem halved, and there are many others than just need someone to talk to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    Will things ever get better?
    Everything passes. This pandemic is no different. Better days are coming.

You can't control what's *out there* but you can control 'you', and this is the 'perfect' time to practice relaxation and self-care so that you can enjoy the world again when this particular storm has passed.

Taleon11 Im new to this forum signed up about a week ago when my anxiety and panic attacks have got out of control since I got the result to say I tested positive for covid 3 weeks ago I mean it was a mild case stuff nose and a little cough not continuous little phelym Iin those 3 weeks I have 5 ambulance call outs and a visit to er had bloods ecg and xrays done everything came back clear the symptoms went within a week but I tested again hoping to see a negative result to maybe to know for sure it's gone it off course still came back positive altho symptoms have gone but my anxiety and panic are still sky high I started a new medication venlafaxine 18 days ago so a waiting game to wait for them to kick in as well as me to sort my thoughts out and turn them into positive thinking Nora has so much experience with this and I've listened to her replies alot she makes so much sense everyone seems so nice and friendly anxiety is a beast but we are all more then anxiety you are certainly not alone I'm far from being me again but I'm positive today thinking I will get back there we can do this ☺️

Hi taleon11

ni just wanted to add my voice to say you are not alone, and I know it’s really hard to be cooped up and isolated. I’m feeling really nervous this time round, as my daughter has just left to live in Holland, so I will be working from home, and then alone in the evenings too. I’m usually quite good in my own company, but with my ha and ocd currently rising, I’m not sure if I will cope.

I too feel like things will never be the same again, but Nora is right, this too shall pass

Kalie, I’m sorry to hear about your COVID result, I hope you are feeling better? it sounds like you have been lucky to get a mild dose, and I’m sure you will continue to improve,

Inanna xx

Thank you inanna I'm currently having a bad day my anxiety and panic is out is through the roof today I just liturally broke down and cried I want to be me again I feel so lost inside that I'm never going to feel me again that this is my new normal worry every day I have something seriously wrong with me it's so draining o constantly thinking I'm going to stop breathing I had the test result 23 days ago yet I'm still think at the back of my mind that I'm worrying that I will take a turn and end up in hospital despite all my symptoms have now gone I mean my taste hasn't come back completely well it's back but things just taste different and I'm just so so scared I've got something wrong that the docs have missed like I'm constantly saying the thoughts I have like I'm going to die not seeing my husband kids mum dad anymore I'm going to stop breathing or my hearts going to pack in can't be anxiety and my panic attacks can it?? Just feel so lost and lost all ways of how I've controlled it over the 20 odd years

Really anxious!

Hey. First off, I'd like to thank those who gave me comforting advice on my last thread. I really appreciate it!

However, now I've gotten a little more anxious than ever before. Lately I've read posts COVID where people say how in the UK (where I live) we'll never get back to normal because the government want to keep us in control. That really triggered me so much that I barely got any sleep last night. I know I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet which is why I don't fully believe it but in this state of anxiety I'm in thanks to the lockdown, its got me worried. :(

Any advice? Do you believe all this stuff or is it just hokey and I'm just being too anxious? Thanks

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    Hey. First off, I'd like to thank those who gave me comforting advice on my last thread. I really appreciate it!

However, now I've gotten a little more anxious than ever before. Lately I've read posts COVID where people say how in the UK (where I live) we'll never get back to normal because the government want to keep us in control. That really triggered me so much that I barely got any sleep last night. I know I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet which is why I don't fully believe it but in this state of anxiety I'm in thanks to the lockdown, its got me worried. :(

Any advice? Do you believe all this stuff or is it just hokey and I'm just being too anxious? Thanks
    TBH, I don't think there's ever been any such thing as absolute 'normal', as things shift constantly.

As far as the govt are concerned, and as much of a joke I think they are, I don't in any way believe they're out to control us. In fact, I personally think they have been too lenient in many ways during this pandemic, especially in order to appease the 'human rights' brigades!

Also don't believe everything you read on social media, as a lot of it can be a load of old pony!!

Katie, it sounds like you had a mild case and it was so long ago now, taste does take a while to come back for a lot of people. I'm certain that after 23 days with improving symptoms, you won't get worse now. I know how hard it is when anxiety runs away with you, but try to look at the facts and stats and recognise your fears as just anxiety, not fact. If it helps I developed symptoms and tested positive 16 days ago now, I still am struggling with fatigue but I am not worried at all about myself any more. Try some meditation or self help CBT for health anxiety if you can. You will be ok

TaleOn, I am by no means a fan of the government and their handling of the pandemic, but they aren't trying to control us. They've actually interfered a lot less than other governments all over the world, and they certainly won't do it any longer than needed. Why would they? They want this country up and running as much as the rest of us. This is just conspiracy, once the vaccines are rolled out more things will get a lot better. Try not to listen to things like this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information