Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delving WAY too far into astrology, need reassurance

Delving WAY too far into astrology, need reassurance

I was wondering if anyone on this site could help me with the anxiety I'm facing because of astrology. I absolutely hate it but in this generation, everyone is about it. I just want to get it out of my head. I read too far into birth chart compatibility and came across a bunch of negatives with my boyfriend. But I love my boyfriend and am planning to marry him in the upcoming years. But, reading this stuff it just makes me feel so....disgusted and defeated, and not to mention anxious.

I don't want to self phrophecize because of what I read. I just want to tell myself it's all fake, none of it is real and that what I've read is not real. But it's so hard when I can't find anything saying it's fake online.

So, have any of you ever had anxiety over astrology? I don't want to believe in it anymore. I want to know how not to do so. I read in the compatibility report that we would burn out and that's been stuck in my head as if I'm waiting for the moment it happens even when things are good.

I just want to not focus on this negativity and be happy.

So, does anyone have any advice and/or stories of astrology proving to be completely WRONG about two people's compatibility?

Re: Delving WAY too far into astrology, need reassurance

It's fake, it's fabricated, it's nonsense.

The first step is to stop reading it.

It is SO fake! There is no evidence backing it up WHATSOEVER

Is the sky blue or green? Reality is blue. Astrology is green

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It's total garbage

Astrology is an outdated pseudoscience. The bearing of stars, planets and other celestial objects on the life of any one person is irrelevant. Its easy to 'throw out ' astrology and not believe it, trust me.....the same as chain letters, facebook posts that promise money/the world/death if you don't follow the requested activities ,old wives tales and supersitions. Just don't read them, don't engage with them, they literally mean nothing.

Just imagine to yourself who is writing this stuff.

A celestial being bathed in light with powers of foresight we can never begin to comprehend.

Or someone in an office churning this stuff out daily barely concentrating on what they are writing, their mind wandering on whether to have spagetti or baked beans for their tea.

It's utter bunkum.

The adverts are damned clever/explotative for these threads....just popped onto this one and what should come up at the top - an astrology/horoscope link !

This thread = people like Russell Grant, enough said!

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    The adverts are damned clever/explotative for these threads....just popped onto this one and what should come up at the top - an astrology/horoscope link !

I used to have anxiety about prophecies and predictions. Especially the likes of Nostradamus and such other nonsense spouters. Its telling that the more research you undertake into the meaning, or rather the lack of, behind such things, the post prophecy shoe horning, the misunderstandings, misinterpretations, forgeries (such as the completely fictional Nostradamus 911 prediction - remember that one) and just plain failures, the more you come to realise there's zero substance to any of this stuff.

Astrology is the same. Utter nonsense made up by people trying to make sense of existence but unwilling to cope with the unknowns by filling in the gaps with comfortable spiritual woo.

Ask an astrologer how they can explain stars and planets having an effect on our thoughts and our lives when those stars and planets are not actually located at the position we're seeing them in right now, thanks to relativity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information