Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: pregnant and very scared..pls send some love my way

Re: pregnant and very scared..pls send some love my way

Many congratulations for being so brave. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope all the tests turn out fine and that you are soon home to sleepless nights, wet nappies and piles of washing. Take advantage of the rest while you can. Hugs to you all x

hi everyone,

this will be my last installment for this thread. i want to thank you all so much for reading and coming on this journey with me and my family.

it has been confirmed that our son has down syndrome today. we are going through a very hard time coming to terms with this and we love him so much we know we will get through this.

we have also decided to try again for another baby within the next 12 months. im 36 so im hoping we can successfully get one more child in before it becomes too hard. we also cant afford ivf so hoping we will be blessed with one more child.

since this thread was all about childbirth and pregnancy fear. this should confirm to those of you who suffer with this also, that it can be faced, beaten and considered again!

going through birth again scares me, but now i know what to expect and what i can do to make it not such a scary thing. Also, all i can say is it is very very true that you really do forget the birth afterwoods and holding your little baby really does make it all worth it.

what we are facing now has really left any of my previous fear of pregnancy and childbirth in the dust. i actually enjoyed pregnancy. there are many really wonderful moments to it. life is never the same.

thankyou all again for all your interest and support.

Peach,

You have a lovely baby and you both a fantastic parents, you deserved to become parents.

I am sorry about the blunt way I put it, but here in the middle east there are a lot children born with syndroms. Many times when you talk to the parents they say - our children are very special, they have been sent here for a reason and we a blessed for having them.

All the best to your lovely family.

ofcourse you will get through it peach - dont feel you cant talk to us on here, we have been here throughout your pregnancy, and if you want it we are here for you for whatever else you have to face and deal with in life -we are your nmp friends peach and we care about you - love and hugs emma xxxxxx

Peach, I'm not going to say that I am 'sorry to hear he has Down's Syndrome' ! He is your much loved baby boy, who happens to have a condition, but a lifetime of family happiness together is what I wish for you. I have worked for a few years with some people with down's, who are active, giving, members of the community and have loving relationships with many people. He is a special little man, given to special parents.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

You are going to embark on another journey now and if you would let us, I'm sure that we would like to offer you support for this journey too.

Parenthood is a series of joys, trials and tribulations and it is an incredible time for us all whether we are the parents of "special" children or not (I hate that description, all kids are special!).

A big cuddle for young Israel and a big cuddle for mum and dad.

Dear Peach I know that your son will be much loved by you both. I hope that you are able to have another child. As others have said you can always come here and let us know how you are getting on. Much love EJ.

Dear Peach, your thread on fear of pregnancy has come to a wonderful, triumphant end. You got through! You have your son and although some of your expectations for him may have to change, I assure you that from my work with Down's children, he will more than make up for any negatives with the positive joy and love he will bring to your lives. Enjoy him. He is a special child and you are just starting a special journey with him. Good luck with trying for another baby.

Yes, of course you are right ladybird, all children are special. Hard to find the right word isn't it......I guess we are trying to say that he is just as much a precious child who needs your love, as any other.

Hi!
    Wow I had never heard of this phobia before (im new on here)
    Firstly, No you are not a pathetic excuse for a woman, I would think many people would be scared of this. Im guessing you have a loving partner or husband with you that will be with you step by step of the way, if not you have family etc. You will never be alone in this, you will always be with someone. I am only 16 but I would think that you wouldn't be fearing needles at this time as you wouldn't really be thinking about that. Lets face it, you know it will be painful, but think how many other woman have done this before and all they can see is the happy side of it and im sure that will be the case for you too!
    Try and look at is this way, when you do have your beautiful child, your fear will most likely be cured.
    I was reading in a magazine somewhere how to deal with a fear or a habit.
    The first step was to write down the pros and cons. What is going to be bad coming from this? What will be good? I can think of many good things
    Then the next step was to sit in a quiet place and close your eyes, focus on your breathing and then visualize the end result, see yourself, in your mind, with that beautiful baby girl or baby boy that you have dreamed of. See how happy you and your partner are, see your family doting over him/her, see the happiness this little bundle of joy has brought you.
    Now come back... how good was that place that you saw in your mind? really good, right?
    Try not to be scared, I know it is hard for you, but it will be so fantastic in the end. My mum always tells me that it was all worth it, and she would do it all again for me, the pain you get from childbirth is over-ruled by the amount of happiness and love that her children bring her, and i think that's what many mothers would say.
    Look at the bright side, this is really what we are on earth for. You are a strong woman and can do this without fear. Say that to yourself everyday in the mirror, and soon you will start believing it and being it.
    "I am a strong woman and I can do this!" say it now!! all the best and good luck.
    xoxoxox

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread Information