Thread: Pins and needle sensation all over body

Pins and needle sensation all over body

Hi everyone,

I haven’t had this symptom in a while! Tonight I randomly got this pain in my left elbow, then in my left thumb I felt the pins and needles sensation, which then moved to a bit on my back, then leg, then other arm. I understand anxiety can do this, but does anyone know why? I wasn’t even anxious at the time!

I am a little nervous, I’ve been on the birth control LoLo for about 4 days now and I’m hoping it’s not related to that. I’m anxious that it’s because I’m going to have a stroke or a blood clot is forming since I’m taking birth control and I’m overweight.

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Also just to add, I take my birth control at 11:30pm every night. So I have to take it again tonight in about half an hour. So it’s almost 24 hours since I last took it and these pins and needles started to happen about an hour ago. If it was related to the birth control wouldn’t it be happening throughout the day as well?!

Re: Pins and needle sensation all over body

Could be a pinched nerve. Or low B12. Did you sleep funny? Lean on something for too long? Breathing too shallowly? Drinking can also cause pins and needles.

Or it could just be anxiety! I get the feeling of pins and needles with my anxiety all the time. I've never heard of it neig symptom of a clot so I really, really dont think it would be that!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireB83 View Post
    Could be a pinched nerve. Or low B12. Did you sleep funny? Lean on something for too long? Breathing too shallowly? Drinking can also cause pins and needles.

Or it could just be anxiety! I get the feeling of pins and needles with my anxiety all the time. I've never heard of it neig symptom of a clot so I really, really dont think it would be that!
    Hello Claire! Thank you for the response .
    I’m hoping it’s just a pinched nerve, but I feel like I can feel the pins and needles in random spots off and on almost everywhere. Maybe it’s just anxiety then!

I’m so happy to hear it’s not a symptom of a blood clot!

I always get pins and needles with anxiety. All over the place. As soon as I stop worrying about them, they go away.

Here's another example of how real anxiety symptoms can be. I was really bloated last week after a major panic attack. I started to panic about the bloating, convincing myself something serious was going on like a bowel obstruction or ovarian cancer. The bloating lasted a full week until finally I made my gynocologist do an ultrasound. Everything was clear. Guess what? The next day the bloating was gone.

I just found out I have an umbilical hernia and it's been worrying me a lot. One night I'd had sharp pain near my belly button. Yesterday my neighbor called me to say that he was in the hospital because he came down with pancreatitis. He told me it started when he got a sharp pain near his belly button and the doctor thinks it was from a gallstone breaking away. Within moments I was thinking maybe the pain I was having wasn't the hernia but gallstones. Within hours I had pain in the upper right side of my abdomen.... The brain is AMAZING.

Thread Information