Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning sensation on anus short time after drinking alcohol?

Re: Burning sensation on anus short time after drinking alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by melfish View Post

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

On a serious note, if I didn't know tongue quivering was associated with ALS, I wouldn't give a crap about it
    I think that's true of a lot of HAers, they notice something but it's when the reason it is on a list of symptoms about something that is scary to them (as opposed to just scary in general, like how you aren't triggered by other illnesses) and the panic starts. The cycle of obsessive negative thinking then starts reinforcing that fear and new core beliefs emerge.

Like a cured panic sufferer on here once said "until you knew cancer existed, you didn't fear it". How could you fear a bear if they don't exist where you live in ancient times? On another note...even bears get itchy bums

My core beliefs are terrible

You can change them, mel. They were built through learning and those same processes create new ones or amend existing ones. I did it with my compulsions as well as intrusive thoughts and back then I thought I was cursed to stay like that forever.

I still have plenty of problems and they feel very hard to change but I know the possibility exists because of those past experiences.

The subconscious doesn't know it's doing wrong so we can show it that things aren't important to us and it will mothball core beliefs or adjust back to more positive/neutral ones.

Like the old saying about the wolf you feed. It's damn hard work though!

My dad beat depression over 40 years ago and never had it back. No therapy, old meds only, no self help or Claire Weekes back then. Yet he told me I have to change how I look at things and I will gradually change with it and leave these problems behind. There is a lot of truth in that and plenty of science too.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 06-01-18 at 04:22.

Thanks, Terry. It's true that I mostly give my thoughts free reign. They are totally the boss of me. Challenging them feels like a sort of denial, so I am very slave to them

Ha melfish, I'm sure you remember I had the same fears! I still think about it a lot but I can still talk... so I'm pretty confident!

I guess my burning ass is probably no big deal... I'll just mention it at my next physical ��

No but not to be gross or anything, years back when I use to drink and if I drank to much rum when I went uhhhhh number 2 it burned like acid was coming out but only and every time I drank to much rum...

weird

Tomatoes do this to me

Quote Originally Posted by vincy View Post
    Ha melfish, I'm sure you remember I had the same fears! I still think about it a lot but I can still talk... so I'm pretty confident!

I guess my burning ass is probably no big deal... I'll just mention it at my next physical ��
    I remember, and was wondering how you were going. Thanks for the update. I'm at seven+ months :( The struggle is real

Your burning ass is probably just OOTT (one of those things). We are all wired up differently, and that's one of your quirks, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by melfish View Post
    I remember, and was wondering how you were going. Thanks for the update. I'm at seven+ months :( The struggle is real

Your burning ass is probably just OOTT (one of those things). We are all wired up differently, and that's one of your quirks, I guess
    How have you been doing?? It really does still get to me but not NEARLY as much. It is to a point where I am not focusing on trying to stop myself from thinking about it... I just let the thoughts happen and realize that I am OK

I have the same problem. Was hoping to find out why.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information