Thread: Some Advice Please - Scared Silly!!

Question Some Advice Please - Scared Silly!!

Hi everyone. Sorry to bother you but I have a new symptom which is scaring me witless!

I was on the train to work yesterday when I suddenly got a really strange "buzzing" in my head - not a sound, but a very strong vibration feeling - almost as if 2 electrical wires had come together and sparked. This threw me straight into panic mode, which was handy as I had another hour on the train! Finally got into work and other than a headache which I still have and feeling a bit wobbly (normal after a pa) I wasn't too bad.

I hoped it was a one off, but this morning on the phone at work it happened again, really strongly, and my own voice echoed inside my head. I had to carry on the conversation, which was probably a good thing as I couldn't panic, but felt wobbly afterwards, and now feel unbalanced and as if I am swaying all the time, with a really muzzy head.

Has anyone had this? Is it just yet another anxiety symptom which I can safely ignore, or should I see the doc? I haven't been for about 4 years as I was told that the worst thing I can do for Health Anxiety is to keep going to the doctor for reassurance......

Sorry to ramble on, but I have learned to ignore most of the symptoms most of the time, and I am lucky enough that after 9 years of this I still lead a pretty normal life, which I know many of you can't always - but this one feels quite different and is really making me scared.

Your comments would be really appreciated. Thanks and Love. Txx

Re: Some Advice Please - Scared Silly!!

Hi Tina sorry to here your not so good.It could well be part of the anxiety,or maybe a migrain.Im not reall ymuch help.I hope someone can give you a more positive reply.
    Maybe seeing your gp,they can at least put your mind at ease.

Thanks Yorkylover - I think you are probably right but after so long it goes against the grain!! Still, better safe than sorry, eh?

Thanks for replying so quickly - let me know if I can be of any help to you anytime.

Txx

Sorry to hear you are not doing so well. This might help a little. I also have the same feeling go through my head. Mine starts out with what feels like a buzz throughout my head and then it gets really tight for about 5 minutes. After all is said and done my legs get jelly like and I feel as though I might fall over, not faint, but like my legs wont hold me up. I have gone to the doctor and had every test done. Nothing was wrong but nxiety. I was told this is a symptom that takes a while to go away. I try not to let it scare me but sometimes it gets the better of me. Who wouldnt get rattled when there balance goes haywire. Anyway, I hoped this helped a little. Write me if I can help any. Take care.

Tina i had this some years ago and you're the only other person ive heard describe it as exactly how i felt it...the vibration and like an electrical 'buzz' just for a few secs. It only ever happened every once in a while and i didnt mention it to anyone at the time, funnily enough my anxiety and panics were at their strongest then and i always talked about all the other symptoms but never this one. But some time later i suffered with my first migraine attack, and even though i dont get these electrical 'buzzes' any more the migrains stuck around!

Cathy xxx

Thanks to Gtrgrl3369 and Cathy for your replies. It does seem as if this might just be another one of those things I need to learn to ignore! Amazing how they keep coming when you think you've had them all....!

Cathy, I'm hoping this won't turn into migraine - I used to have them a lot years ago and thought I'd grown out of them - horrible things so I'm sorry you still suffer with them. Fingers crossed my headache will stay just a headache.

Hugs and Thanks to both of you, and Yorkylover - be well! Txx

Thread Information