Thread: Worried about your heart? Read this

Worried about your heart? Read this

Please read the whole story before making any judgement.

Hey everyone, you may remember me, I used to post here frequently.

So this story is about my older brother, he is 31 years old and he has dealt with PVC's or skipped beats as some say, for several years, they were always very frequent, one after every other heart beat which is referred to as bigeminy or trigeminy depending on how many regular heart beats you have between each PVC, so not here's the bad news but don't freak out, finish reading first, my brother was recently diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure with an enlarged heart and his cardiologist believes its due to the amount of PVC's my brothers been having, he says frequent PVC's is 10 or more PVC's per minute that occurs all the time, so he says he doesn't really worry unless the patient is having 15,000+ per day because 20,000 or more puts you at risk of developing a weak heart cardiomyopathy. Now the good news is, it's treatable, aic or Arrythmia induce cardiomyopathy has a very high reverse rate and a lot of people fully recover over a period of time, my brothers cardiologist says theres a really good chance to fully reverse his condition, but that was before my brother went in for his ablation which was successful and they were able to reduce a huge amount of his PVC's he actually sustains a regular heart rhythm now. I only post this here because I've spent a lot of time on this forum and have seen many people complain about this same thing, so bottom line is if you're having frequent palpitations please get it checked because it is very treatable even if there has been any damage, if you're having frequent palpitations and your doctor is ignoring your concerns see another doctor I would prefer and cardiologist because thats what it took for my brother to get help because his regular doctor has overlooked this issue several times. good luck and take care of yourself, and once again im not trying to scare you I just wanted to share this story in case it helps someone else out because had my brother not found this out he would have eventually went into cardiac arrest because his EF was already right below 20%.

Re: Worried about your heart? Read this

Thank you for thus post! Have had these issues for years, still do. Been to 2 different doctors and been given the all clear but I admit I have never had more than a few a day. Still they can almost knock the wind out of you it can be very scary.

Yeah, I've also has them for quite some years, not anything like my brother but I do get them daily, on a bad day I may have 30-40 but most days I may get around 5. We have a family history of irregular heart beats and I'm sure thats to blame for his.

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

I forgot to mention that he was having 43,000 PVC's per day and that's after they lowered his heart rate, so prior to lowering hos heart rate he was probably having upwards of 60,000 per day since his ablation he is having a few every few minutes or so but they said thats mormal after the ablation as the heart is still healing but after the tissue starts to scar over that the pvcs will decrease even more.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information