Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Afraid I got bitten by a rabid bat during my sleep

Re: Afraid I got bitten by a rabid bat during my sleep

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCoffee View Post
    Also, quick question: is seeing whether or not you have symptoms when you're distracted a valid way of determining if they are percieved and not actual?
    Not really, because symptoms can persist weeks and months beyond when you feel better emotionally. Hypochondria wreaks serious havoc and one of the cruelest byproducts is that you cannot trust your instincts. At least I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
    Not really, because symptoms can persist weeks and months beyond when you feel better emotionally. Hypochondria wreaks serious havoc and one of the cruelest byproducts is that you cannot trust your instincts. At least I don't.
    Thanks! At this point, I kind of want to stop coming to this site for at least a while. I want to see how I feel. Also, I'm gonna continue reading "The Subtle Art of not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson because... I should probably not be caring so much right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCoffee View Post
    Anyway, I don't feel like I need help right now, it's very manageable. If I do need help, though, I will be sure to ask (though I expect that might be harder than it sounds if the time ever comes). Also, quick question: is seeing whether or not you have symptoms when you're distracted a valid way of determining if they are percieved and not actual?
    What you just wrote is a health anxiety pattern to the "H" and the "A"! Acknowledge the post, deny the real problem and then ask for reassurance

You wouldn't be posting if it were manageable. I think logging off for a while would be good for you.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    What you just wrote is a health anxiety pattern to the "H" and the "A"! Acknowledge the post, deny the real problem and then ask for reassurance

You wouldn't be posting if it were manageable. I think logging off for a while would be good for you.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    OK, yup, I am not OK. I was thinking a little too much in the washroom just now, and I realized a whole bunch of things and now I'm all anxious again.

1. My fatigue has been getting greater slowly through the past year or so, so of course that's cancer fatigue.
    2. I actually remember feeling like I needed to poop and nothing came out a whole bunch of times before I began having health anxiety, around 4 months ago at first.
    3. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I always feel a slight feeling that tells me I need to poop. Thing is, I can't. Until one time I sit down, and it just goes in a few seconds. Even when I'm done, I feel like I didn't empty it all.
    4. I can sometimes feel stuff going through my intestines, which I of course imagine are tumors inside my colon (though my poop would probably be really thin in that case). No pain, I can just feel it sliding for a few seconds at a time every so often.
    5. I get cramps near my rectum sometimes if I haven't pooped for a bit sometimes, which I assume is normal (if you don't poop, that's probably not good). But of course those are from tumors.

Of course, if anything, it's probably IBS (it's not that uncommon, and it's especially a lot more common than colorectal cancer in 13 year olds), though I don't get pains that much. Sometimes, I'll pass a lot more gas than usual as well. A few times a month, I'll pass maybe 5 times at a 1.5 hour long martial arts training lesson as well (they happen twice a week). Also, I've gotten more tired in those, as well.

At this rate, my cyberchondria has probably turned into actual hypochondria. I should probably get proper support at this point. Probably should've listened to the people who know this all too well. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Looking back on that post I just posted... damn. Anxiety really changes people. Anyway, I'm pretty much fine now, pretty much like before. Still have some undone homework due tommorow, but that's below my worries for now. During my anxiety spike, I talked to my dad, and he kinda got pretty mad (like I expected) because he insisted anxiety didn't really exist, and that I didn't actually have brain fog and that I was just worrying too much (sound familiar?). He calmed down and we actually had a pretty good talk with my mom as well, and now I feel safer. Still, I have that voice saying "you have cancer," but it's alright. That spike only lasted around 45 minutes before I realized I was not myself.

��

Either way, I'm out until I have good or bad news.

Really glad you spoke to your parents. Keep on doing that, it will help them if they understand how you feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, bad news. Turns out the chat was just temporary relief, as with most things. I am back to being pretty concerned about having... colorectal cancer! Why? Because... of pretty much what I've put above my last post that said I was OK. I just tried to poop (the urge was stronger than before), to no avail. I feel like my symptoms describe IBS better than cancer, but the rectal cramps aren't very common, last less than a minute (coming back every 5-30 minutes I'd guess), and happen only maybe a few times a month. I remember having them since Grade 5.

Thing is, when the time comes and I actually do manage to poop... it comes out like normal, within a minute at most, no real effort, while being generally the good kind of poop you'd expect (a few days ago I had an orange-ish poop with some white specks in it, and yesterday I had one that was slightly green, only really noticeable on the paper), though sometimes a bit drier.

Either way, though, the feeling of having to poop is the pretty not great.

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

(it's past 1 AM where I am and I can't seem to sleep)

Does not pooping for much longer than you usually do cause the feeling of needing to poop as a side effect?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information