Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just trying to sleep. Someone please. I'm begging

Re: Just trying to sleep. Someone please. I'm begging

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I’m sure you know that you’re making night time worse by panicking about it. Do you have a bedtime routine to relax and de stress before bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah! Like my therapist has said, when I had my first real panic attack so that's probably why I fear night so much. Also that whole thing worrying about there being less help! I try to do a bed-time routine! Like do my skin care and all the before heading to bed! It was really helpful for awhile but it seems to be failing me now! Thank you so much for the reply, I know I'm being very dramatic in my post but it's like I try to vent them out.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    When my reflux gets bad my number one symptom is stabbing, searing pain at the centre and left of my chest. It lasts for days.

Also, anxiety will give you rapid heart beats, all the time. It's not dangerous and you don't need to fear it. My heart rate would spike at anything from 120-180bpm during my worst bouts of anxiety.

Your heart rate can be fast with reflux too as it irritates your vagus nerve. Mine would often go to 80-100bpm after a big evening meal and stay there for several hours.

Try using a good quality apple cider vinegar a couple of times a day, which almost completely cured my reflux. You still have to watch what you eat, but it's very effective. I use about a tablespoon diluted in a glass of water.
    Thank you so much for the reply! Also all of that information! It means a lot! I never heard about the apple cider before! I'll defo have to try it out and soon! I hope you're doing better now! It's a lot to handle

I know I'm being dramatic in my posts. Like just right now I went upstairs to get something for my Mam and when I came down and even now I feel kinda light headed and my chest feels strange. Like I keep trying to tell myself it's all fine. It's probably just my anxiety leading to it. Like if I'm not focused on the strange fast beating of the heart, I'm scared about it feeling slow like it's just about to stop.

It's all overwhelming, I try to remind myself of the tests back in February but in my mind it keeps going "It could have changed" Or "You're wrong, they were wrong and you're about to drop." Like I know the easy thing to do is go to the GP but I'm scared that it's nothing and I'll fall back into that pattern again of needing to ask about everything. I'm hoping this is just a blip. Like I've been going to the gym and surely that would help or if there was something wrong I'd drop there or something. Sorry for being so dramatic.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

Like also I try not to use those heart measurement things on machines in the gym, I know it would only cause me to freak out. I grabbed onto the treadmill handles one day without realzing and it was a slow cool down walk and my heart rate was like 145. I freaked out. My heart tends to rest about 100/102. My GP knows this I think, I used to have a phone app on my phone that could tell you that...god rid of it anyway!

Some nights when I freak about my heart fast or slow it always tends to be around 100/102 bpm. I'm just overwhelmed tbh. Like I said I'm travailing on Monday ( leaving the country) and I know be able to see my gp before then :(

Sorry for updating this again...It's just I feel so lost and strange. I feel my heart thudding yet when I reached up to touch and feel my pulse (bad idea I know). It felt so weak and faith. I feel so breathless and I keep burping??? It just seems wrong. I know I'm probably over reacting but I feel so scared in this moment. I also have this strange pain in the area of my leg just below my right knee (So thinking of a clot of course- stupid I know). So my thoughts are going wild. Sorry I have a lot of personal drama at the moment so it's probably adding to this. Sorry to talk all of your ears off.

Today was mostly okay!!! Even though yesterday i got some great but sad news. My boyfriend got a amazing offer at a university back in his home country. I'm so proud of him because it's a chance he'd never get here of course I'll miss him and who knows how things will work out. But of course I support him! I'm one who always believes you can't put your chances down for another person.

Physical same old same old. Racing heart at times, feeling rather breathless today. Also get like this strange headrush when I stand up after sitting. Sorry for ranting. Just a bit extra tender today.

I'm finding it a little difficult to get deep breaths today, I'm sure it's propbaly just me overthinking it or something! Having A some of the same issues as strange chest feeling or heart heat feeling strange. Like trying not to panic to much as I'm flying tomorrow. Like I've been worrying about it so long now surely something have happened by now... I try telling myself anyway!

Like someone told me already the chances with my age and the test I had a few months back. The issues are likely no sinters. Yet there's always that annoying voice at the back of your head.

Well I hope it's all good as I signed up to do my first half marathon today! It's something I've wanted to do for years! I'll be running for a Ms charity here in Ireland

So... I made this post nearly ten days ago. I'm sure if there was something serious with my heart or something I would have dropped by now!! The shortness of breath, the way it beats and all that stuff I've said still still worries me. But like someone said to me I was tested in February and I'm 22. So trying to just let it go and get on with it!

The sleep isnt great still get that strange jerk and gasp nearly every night but my boyfriend said that's propbaly I'm like expecting it to happen you know??

Sorry for rambling so much!

Yes, your bf is probably right. I've noticed when I've gone through a couple of anxious lack of sleep nights that it feels like I almost will myself to a little more based on "waiting" for it to happen again.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    So... I made this post nearly ten days ago. I'm sure if there was something serious with my heart or something I would have dropped by now!! The shortness of breath, the way it beats and all that stuff I've said still still worries me. But like someone said to me I was tested in February and I'm 22. So trying to just let it go and get on with it!

The sleep isnt great still get that strange jerk and gasp nearly every night but my boyfriend said that's propbaly I'm like expecting it to happen you know??

Sorry for rambling so much!
    Yep i get hypnic jerks quite regularly and they're anxiety related . When i dont think about them they dont happen but when I'm expecting them....Well yeh you get the point. A slight twitch/jerk before sleep is totally normal anyway and isn't even anxiety related (but anxiety for sure makes them worse). You're fine.

I too suffer reflux with awful chest pains plus gnawing stomach pains that run under my ribs from one side to the other. I’m having a particularly bad spell at the moment and I worry so much it’s my heart. I’ve had ecgs, echo and chest X-ray which were all fine but nothing reassures me, especially when it’s bad like at the moment. When I’m sitting or lying I feel what I think is my heart beat or some kind of vibrating in my chest area, it scares the hell out of me. I’m struggling so much at the moment, bed time is awful as when I’m lying down and it’s all quiet I can feel everything 😞 I hope we both get some relief from this soon

Thank you so much to everyone who replied to this!! I was away for a few days and I'm only getting the chance to see this now. @jray23 and @Kingdawson I'm sorry you've both had to experience this! I hope you're both doing well now and thank you so much for replying and sharing insight!

@emls78 I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with this. I hope you find some comfort soon ❤️❤️ thank you for replying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information