Thread: Is it common to have it for 2.5 years

Is it common to have it for 2.5 years

Is it common to have it this long I got it when I'm 17 and I'm 19 now

Re: Is it common to have it for 2.5 years

Hey Brad,
    I would say yes as I had it between 15-17 then I went onto prozac and now I've had it since December I'm back on the prozac tomorrow. Are you on any medication and any therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kb97 View Post
    Hey Brad,
    I would say yes as I had it between 15-17 then I went onto prozac and now I've had it since December I'm back on the prozac tomorrow. Are you on any medication and any therapy?
    Yah I'm seeing a psychiatrist, she said it will go away, she said it's from something subconsciously that is bothering me

Been there Brad, know what your going through.
    One can have it for a long time, yes, but it can disappear in a couple of days or weeks just as easily with the right management.

Hang in there!
    Just remember. It's your body protecting you, not the other way round. The DP/DR is a defence mechanism and means that your mind/body/nervous system is fully functional and capable of making you survive dangers. Your just unlucky, not knowing what is causing your body to go into "red alert"..

Quote Originally Posted by Mango2 View Post
    Been there Brad, know what your going through.
    One can have it for a long time, yes, but it can disappear in a couple of days or weeks just as easily with the right management.

Hang in there!
    Just remember. It's your body protecting you, not the other way round. The DP/DR is a defence mechanism and means that your mind/body/nervous system is fully functional and capable of making you survive dangers. Your just unlucky, not knowing what is causing your body to go into "red alert"..
    Ah when you say it like that I actually calm down, I had a lot of change when I got it maybe it was that

Hi brad I haven’t been on this site in a long time but saw your post I realised this is old and wonder how you are doing now if you are around? I myself have suffered from 24/7 DP and DR for the last 3 years. Mine was brought on by stress building up, past trauma resurfacing and a huge panic attack. Since the 28th October 2015 I have had this condition and also had insomnia.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. In the last year I have slowly been getting better, I do not take any medication but I see a psychologist every week. My sysmtoms are and where.

Physical body felt numb all over
    Couldn’t feel tired, hungry, cold. Hot etc
    No emotions
    Constant racing thoughts and random memory flashes
    24/7 Deja vu
    Feeling like he world is fake and unreal
    Glass plane in front of my eyes
    Anxiety
    Panic attacks
    Agrophobia

A lot of these things are now gone or occur very rarely now. I am back at work part time only 10 hours a week I still don’t sleep which I think is a huge contributor to why I still feel the way I do but there is light at the end of this tunnel

Recovering from my conditions and looking to the future.
    I am not very active but do try to reply to mails.

Quote Originally Posted by GadGirl View Post
    Hi brad I haven’t been on this site in a long time but saw your post I realised this is old and wonder how you are doing now if you are around? I myself have suffered from 24/7 DP and DR for the last 3 years. Mine was brought on by stress building up, past trauma resurfacing and a huge panic attack. Since the 28th October 2015 I have had this condition and also had insomnia.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. In the last year I have slowly been getting better, I do not take any medication but I see a psychologist every week. My sysmtoms are and where.

Physical body felt numb all over
    Couldn’t feel tired, hungry, cold. Hot etc
    No emotions
    Constant racing thoughts and random memory flashes
    24/7 Deja vu
    Feeling like he world is fake and unreal
    Glass plane in front of my eyes
    Anxiety
    Panic attacks
    Agrophobia

A lot of these things are now gone or occur very rarely now. I am back at work part time only 10 hours a week I still don’t sleep which I think is a huge contributor to why I still feel the way I do but there is light at the end of this tunnel
    Hey I feel way better now, just staying busy, I still have the panic attacks especially if I'm around a lot of people and still get the dizzy feeling everyone says it's just anxiety, but it feels like I'm going to faint but I never do, it doesn't usually last long but still worries me

Thread Information