Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronic fatigue syndrome or sjogren's syndrome

Re: Chronic fatigue syndrome or sjogren's syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMogwai View Post
    Doctors mentioning stuff like that always messes with me, but just a theory I guess. You sound like you need a rest. Also keep an eye on your heart rate.
    Yeah I guess the dry mouth is just an unusual thing. My doctor actually revised his guess (which was a broad guess) for cfs because he says there is not enough to back up that diagnosis and he things health anxiety and stress might be to blame.

Im really really worried it's something serious and chronic and can't shake the idea it's either cfs or sjogren's as neither have a good outcome.

Dry mouth is very common for lots of medications, and for anxiety, and for dehydration. It is also a symptom of diabetes which you can easily rule out with a blood sugar test.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Also, you can get dry mouth simply from sleeping with mouth open.

Dry mouth is very common for lots of medications, and for anxiety, and for dehydration. It is also a symptom of diabetes which you can easily rule out with a blood sugar test.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Also, you can get dry mouth simply from sleeping with mouth open.
    Sure but Mines started unprompted one day and lasts days long and can give me a sore throat :( statistically I'd be highly unlikely to have sjogren's but I guess nothing is impossible. The preliminary blood panels showed no sign of any inflammatory disease and sjogren's typically shows up in them around 70 percent of the time.

I get why you are concerned, but all of those symptoms have a huge number of other causes, many of which are more probable and relate to other things going on with you. If you're concerned get it checked out. With me all my crying would help rule it out. A real water factory.

I now feel swelling in my right throat lymph node. I honestly have to drink water constantly just to talk right now. I know the antidepressants can make it worse but holy balls.

There have been several times over the years when my and has been at its worse, when I've been totally convinced I had CFS. Every time when my anxiety reduces, eventually the symptoms go away, although fatigue is stubborn and is the last thing to go for me. The fatigue of anxiety is absolutely intense and it causes so many physical symptoms. Last time I thought I had CfS, my legs ached for weeks. Anxiety and CFS have very similar symptoms so if you have anxiety, which you obviously do, that's probably what's causing them.

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    There have been several times over the years when my and has been at its worse, when I've been totally convinced I had CFS. Every time when my anxiety reduces, eventually the symptoms go away, although fatigue is stubborn and is the last thing to go for me. The fatigue of anxiety is absolutely intense and it causes so many physical symptoms. Last time I thought I had CfS, my legs ached for weeks. Anxiety and CFS have very similar symptoms so if you have anxiety, which you obviously do, that's probably what's causing them.
    Thanks cattia.
    I Just wish I could get to the bottom of the severe dryness. But it's good to know people around me who have anxiety also suffer fatigue. I think the ocd I have can be so mentally exhausting without me realizing it. I do have to say that I feel "sick" the day after working out too hard. For example one day I ran 10km on the treadmill and I was floored for days. I felt like my body had been drained of all energy. Then another time I worked out 4 days too close together (2 days without a break) and I felt like a steam train had hit me.

I think that's the most concerning thing for me too is the post exertional malaise. If I ever overdo 8t too much for too many days in a row it bites back on me. But when I have energy I just wanna go at it!

Does anyone else feel that?

---------- Post added at 05:51 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

I guess the symptoms I'm facing are
    1. Dry eyes and mouth
    2. Huge anxiety and ocd lol
    3. Fatigue. Usually the day after too much exertion or working out.
    4. Muscle aches in upper back
    5. Sore stomach and indigestion.

---------- Post added at 05:52 ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 ----------

Oh and it feels almost flu like the day after I feel exhausted. I can feel my glands kind of throb when it's coming on and I know I'm going to get run down cause either my tongue goes white or my skin breaks out lol. That's the precursor to being wiped for energy to me.

---------- Post added at 05:55 ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 ----------

Some days I drag myself to the coffee shop and I'm like a zombie. I also suffer from brain fog lately and poor memory

---------- Post added at 05:56 ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 ----------

Can anxiety really cause that level of fatigue?

Mike - i think you maybe have to ride out the SSRIs for a bit and then if you still get this after a few weeks then get another medical opinion. Meanwhile maybe tone down your exercise routine.

To put this in perspective though I'd be wiped out for days after 20 mins of exercise. In my case it's just called being unfit, and yes i would be tired all the time for days.

If I were you in the meantime i'd go see the doctor and get him to look at your throat and check your glands. Doctors can see fairly quickly if there is something wrong in this respect.

Mike - i think you maybe have to ride out the SSRIs for a bit and then if you still get this after a few weeks then get another medical opinion. Meanwhile maybe tone down your exercise routine.

To put this in perspective though I'd be wiped out for days after 20 mins of exercise. In my case it's just called being unfit, and yes i would be tired all the time for days.

If I were you in the meantime i'd go see the doctor and get him to look at your throat and check your glands. Doctors can see fairly quickly if there is something wrong in this respect.
    Hey man
    My doc found nothing wrong before. Thats why he initially suggested chronic fatigue, because he couldnt associate it with anything in bloodwork or in physical exams.

He hadnt actually got much experience with CFS and seemed to be reading from an article describing it.

I have been referred to a rheumatologist and psychologist in the interim and hes working to tryin and get me into internal medicine asap because he just wants me to have peace of mind.

In our last session he revised his CFS assessment given how inconsistent the symtpoms are, but in terms of inflammatory markers for something like Sjrogrens everything has come back negative. About 70% of srjogrens sufferers would show up in one of the 2 inflammatory marker blood works ive had done. CT scans showed nothing other than sinusitis

I will say since taking my sinus spray my mouth has been less dry! I wonder if that has something to do with it.

just to add to this
    my dryness and tiredness tend to cycle, like some days my mouth is so dry i can hardly speak then a week later im totally fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information