Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Feeling isolated from friends

Re: Feeling isolated from friends

You're not that complicated re the humour, Nora..Plenty of comedians are depressives and use humour to self-medicate. It's a really effective way to keep your head above the water. I used to be able to use humour effectively too to cope with difficult times but have not found it so helpful now.

I'm so sorry you are struggling badly. I hope you will be able to get some happiness from the prospect of a new granddaughter which must be exciting after all your boys!

I feel for you too, PM..I'm pretty isolated too with loads of responsibilities and wondering how on earth I would cope if I got covid badly. Mustn't try to predict the future though but it does worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post

I'm so sorry you are struggling badly. I hope you will be able to get some happiness from the prospect of a new granddaughter which must be exciting after all your boys!
    Ta mate.

Yes, I can't wait to meet my granddaughter in October.

I've already heard her heart beat - I was there for the gender scan, and that was very special..

Mazeltov, Nora!!

Nora - just wanted to say. I love your sense of humour! And you also give very good advice.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Nora - just wanted to say. I love your sense of humour! And you also give very good advice.

Keep doing what you're doing.
    I completely agree! Don't drain yourself though? It's hard enough keeping going without depleting your mental "reserves"...(yes mine ran dry decades ago but never mind!!) You can only help people who are receptive to your advice and who choose to listen to the voice of human experience.

Plenty of us on here appreciate you, Nora.

You have to determine the best way to use your emotional energy because there will always be another person joining or struggling. It's easy to overwhelm yourself with responsibility on here if you're not careful and get plowed under with PMs or threads you feel obligated to keep up with at the cost of your own health. It's not easy.

Those you can't keep trying with, give them some brush!

Life would be a lot easier for my son if it were and for many others for whom standard therapy is pretty ineffective.
    For me it's the opposite and learning to just be. Otherwise life seems like work. But I don't think the way your kids do or Nora and applying the same therapies must miss the point pretty spectacularly?

Why are people so selfish? I can't understand how someone can justify putting others at risk. I'm so sorry that you and your GF have to pay the penalty too, Terry. I'm sure being able to see her without fear would have lessened your load at home too. Just adds to the feeling of isolation, doesn't it?
    Yes, it does. It would help because find my self-confidence lifts around her and things seem more possible: Like they used to be.

We are both used to long distance relationships, which helps, and my anxiety made me want to live on a desert island being an avoider. So, I learned to be alone. I know she copes with that but I don't want her to and feel very guilty for not being there a lot more.

Thanks, pulisa
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 16-07-21 at 16:09. Reason: Stupid autocorrect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Mazeltov, Nora!!
    Ta Vee!

I actually have two grandchildren due this year and I already have an awesome grandson. I literally can't knit fast enough. There's sparks coming off my needles!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    For me it's the opposite and learning to just be. Otherwise life seems like work. But I don't think the way your kids do or Nora and applying the same therapies must miss the point pretty spectacularly?
    Mine haven't really been able to benefit from therapy from the professionals. I'm their psychologist now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information