Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid after affects...

Covid after affects...

I'm at 3+ months, my hair is falling out. Handfuls after I wash it in the morning, I find it everywhere through the day.

Not super concerned (I'm a hair stylist), I know it will eventually stop. Anyone else notice hair falling? Any other after affects?

Re: Covid after affects...

My sense of smell and taste is nowhere near what it used to be. Certain odours have a strange sweet taint to them, and to be honest it actually seems to be getting worse as time goes.

I’ve spoken to an ENT doc and apparently it’s quite common for this to happen a few months after the initial infection. It’s to do with the sensors in the nose being damaged.

I haven’t lost any hair, but if you read about the after effects of Covid there are reports of all kinds of weird and wonderful symptoms. Maybe best to speak to a doctor to see if there’s anything you can do to improve matters.

Since loss of hair is found in anxiety disorders it's quite possibly the amount of stress your body has been under since many anxiety disorder symptoms come from that.

When I had pneumonia at 18 it took 2 months to get over it. Then my platelet count dropped and it took another. We can't see what the body is busy repairing without tests or until we see a symptom but it's likely sorting all sorts of things out subconsciously and maybe we don't see the link because we tend to think once over something everything is back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Since loss of hair is found in anxiety disorders it's quite possibly the amount of stress your body has been under since many anxiety disorder symptoms come from that.

When I had pneumonia at 18 it took 2 months to get over it. Then my platelet count dropped and it took another. We can't see what the body is busy repairing without tests or until we see a symptom but it's likely sorting all sorts of things out subconsciously and maybe we don't see the link because we tend to think once over something everything is back to normal.
    Spot on

A vast amount of ailments people are mentioning as 'post-Covid' issues are really just common post infection issues. Doesn't make it any easier to deal with right now of course.

Strangely enough I read an article about hair loss after covid just yesterday - seems to be a common side effect and I'm sure it'll just be temporary. As other people have said, it might be linked to stress as well from having the virus so hopefully all back to normal soon

I used the Watermans hair growth shampoo a while ago when I was losing some hair (I'm on the coil and it made me have some hair loss) and that worked wonders for me xx

My friend who had covid has been losing her hair too.
    I know you’re a hairdresser so probably know about biotin, but I’ve heard very good things about it x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    My friend who had covid has been losing her hair too.
    I know you’re a hairdresser so probably know about biotin, but I’ve heard very good things about it x
    Thank you yes I do. If anxiety were the cause, I'd have been bald years ago lol 😆

With this it is after the event, what ever it is about covid that causes hair to shed, its already happened and this is the end result. It will fall until its done and then after a brief rest will regrow.

After 2 1/2 months my taste and smell returned, thank goodness I can taste my morning coffee now.

Another interesting thing, I wear a fitbit, during covid and for a few weeks after my resting heartrate was about 10 beats higher than normal. Its returned to normal now.

Such a strange virus. Wonder what else it messed with while in my body.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Thank you yes I do. If anxiety were the cause, I'd have been bald years ago lol 

With this it is after the event, what ever it is about covid that causes hair to shed, its already happened and this is the end result. It will fall until its done and then after a brief rest will regrow.

After 2 1/2 months my taste and smell returned, thank goodness I can taste my morning coffee now.

Another interesting thing, I wear a fitbit, during covid and for a few weeks after my resting heartrate was about 10 beats higher than normal. Its returned to normal now.

It's not specific to Covid, this is a shock response from the body. I know two people this has happened to, one was in a plane crash (nothing serious) and his hair started falling out about a month later, and the other was my Nan after she had a hip replacement. Any shock to the system can result in unexplained reactions days or weeks later. The solution is rest and good nutrition, something many of us don't do any more.

Covid after affects...

My hair falls out a lot when I’m stressed. I’m currently taking hair gummies and all sorts of expensive things to help it grow back because it won’t grow last a certain length anymore.

So many weird things Nancy, I’m sorry that you are still going through it and that there’s still so much unknown. Surely though, you’ll continue to conquer them all.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Thank you yes I do. If anxiety were the cause, I'd have been bald years ago lol 

Definitely the heart thing!!! I recovered last weekend from a very mild case, but I frequently get pounding heart. Similar to the feeling of panic attack but without anxiety or anxious feelings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information