Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: More breast issues and need some logical thinking

Re: More breast issues and need some logical thinking

Thanks blueiris, I only shared that as I just wanted to explain why I’m so scared and panicked all the time. I know we all have our stories though.

I was having counselling but I stopped as it felt like I wasn’t getting any better. I am much better in that I do not google anymore. I haven’t googled any of this as I know it will bring up horror stories of cancer and I just can’t keep putting myself through that. I feel so awful for the people who are telling their stories but also terrified that’s what is happening to me.

Im thinking maybe trying some books? I’m not sure where to start but I need to get out of this crap hole. I’ve been here too long.

The thing about counselling is it doesn't help per se, I think, it just teaches you ways to help yourself. In any case, some counsellors are better than others.

Books or self-directed CBT might be a good idea, though.

It was so good to start with and before I first went I was spending every day sat on google reading cancer horror stories and checking out my symptoms. It was bad. I no longer do this and I can recognise the connections with the anxiety and what has happened. I know I link everything back to her death. However in the last few months of going I just found I wasn’t getting any better, like I had almost stopped making progress. She only ever gave me one breathing technique to try and no other techniques to help me, I think I needed cbt but she was doing talk therapy.

I will I’ll look into some books today and check out some reviews. I’m hoping I may find some about health anxiety and how to cope with it x

Hopefully it’s ok to put this link up. I think this book looks good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcoming-...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I just wanted to say that I am in the same place with breast things- almost all of my symptoms are in my left breast as well. If you look at my post history, you can see I have had tons of testing and screening, but I feel like I still may have inflammatory breast cancer and they have missed it. I know that this is not rational, but it is definitely a thing in my brain. The last few days I am having terrible itching in my left armpit and on my left breast where my bra hits, but thankfully also in some other places- which has allowed me to not totally lose my mind. I keep telling myself a "normal" person would not go to the doctor for itchy skin in the middle of winter. After having an acne spot punch biopsied by the doctor last month, which seems totally crazy to me, I am doing everything I can to try to just ride this out without consulting a doctor. I have been walking, doing yoga, spending time with my kids and my dogs, distracting, deep breathing, rationalizing with myself, etc. I also ordered two books that I have not yet started- Dare by Barry McDonagh, and The Wisdom of Anxiety by Sheryl Paul. I also see a therapist, but don't find it all that helpful for health anxiety- she is a trauma therapist, not a CBT therapist. And I used to BE a therapist, and so I think she thinks I should have more skills than I probably actually have for myself. Anyway, GOOD LUCK getting through this, just wanted to tell you I am right there with you on the breast stuff. :(

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

You are also posting a lot about different things which would suggest that it is your overall anxiety you need to tackle, rather than each individual fear.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

So this flare up is still continuing. The armpit pain has now gone and pain in the breast is rarely there. However it’s all moved lower down the bottom of my ribs by the bottom of the sternum and ribs under breast. If I press on that up to the sternum it’s like someone has punched me. Almost like a pulled muscle. I’ve pushed on the area just below and that doesn’t hurt. Just over the ribs at the bottom. It feels like constant pressure and I’m very aware. Trying to disttact myself but I keep panicking as the symptoms have moved and chsnged again! Trying to get a Drs appointment three week wait. Not so much concerned about the breast now but thinking there is a tumour pressing on my chest wall. Will buy a self help book tomorrow when I get paid but I have real physical symptoms. It’s scary!

Quote Originally Posted by mlp123 View Post
    I just wanted to say that I am in the same place with breast things- almost all of my symptoms are in my left breast as well. If you look at my post history, you can see I have had tons of testing and screening, but I feel like I still may have inflammatory breast cancer and they have missed it. I know that this is not rational, but it is definitely a thing in my brain. The last few days I am having terrible itching in my left armpit and on my left breast where my bra hits, but thankfully also in some other places- which has allowed me to not totally lose my mind. I keep telling myself a "normal" person would not go to the doctor for itchy skin in the middle of winter. After having an acne spot punch biopsied by the doctor last month, which seems totally crazy to me, I am doing everything I can to try to just ride this out without consulting a doctor. I have been walking, doing yoga, spending time with my kids and my dogs, distracting, deep breathing, rationalizing with myself, etc. I also ordered two books that I have not yet started- Dare by Barry McDonagh, and The Wisdom of Anxiety by Sheryl Paul. I also see a therapist, but don't find it all that helpful for health anxiety- she is a trauma therapist, not a CBT therapist. And I used to BE a therapist, and so I think she thinks I should have more skills than I probably actually have for myself. Anyway, GOOD LUCK getting through this, just wanted to tell you I am right there with you on the breast stuff. :(

im sorry you are having issues too. How are you doing now? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn1985 View Post
    So this flare up is still continuing. The armpit pain has now gone and pain in the breast is rarely there. However it’s all moved lower down the bottom of my ribs by the bottom of the sternum and ribs under breast. If I press on that up to the sternum it’s like someone has punched me. Almost like a pulled muscle. I’ve pushed on the area just below and that doesn’t hurt. Just over the ribs at the bottom. It feels like constant pressure and I’m very aware. Trying to disttact myself but I keep panicking as the symptoms have moved and chsnged again! Trying to get a Drs appointment three week wait. Not so much concerned about the breast now but thinking there is a tumour pressing on my chest wall. Will buy a self help book tomorrow when I get paid but I have real physical symptoms. It’s scary!
    Ah bless you Unicorn - I've been down the tumour on the chest wall route too. But I'm sure we've both got costochondritis. I think yours is causing you more issues and you need to go back to your GP to see if they can treat it. I'm sure I read somewhere they can give a steroid injection? x

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
    Ah bless you Unicorn - I've been down the tumour on the chest wall route too. But I'm sure we've both got costochondritis. I think yours is causing you more issues and you need to go back to your GP to see if they can treat it. I'm sure I read somewhere they can give a steroid injection? x
    thanks Nicole. Joined a support group on Facebook. 6.5k members and three have turned out to have tumours from blood cancer would you believe. Selfish I know but not what I need to hear right now (I do also feel truly awful for them as all terminal). I’m sure my anxiety is intensifying the pain and awareness of it all. I just don’t get why the pain has moved further down. It’s so bizarre. Going to try and get an emergency spointkemt with my dr next week, will need to call each day to see when he’s the emergency dr. I’m sure I’m not helping by constantly checking the pain in some desperate hope that the inflammation has gone.

Thank you for responding x

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information