Thread: Constant Anxiety/Panic - HELP!!

Constant Anxiety/Panic - HELP!!

Hoping someone can give me some reassurance/hope that there’s light at the end of the tunnel!

I suffered my first major anxiety/panic attack a few months ago, went lightheaded, sweating, derealizatuon, frequent urination and impending doom. It kept coming in waves and lasted about an hour until it settled down, I have not felt normal since.

I’ve had so many tests, basically because I just didn’t know what was going on with my body. I’ve had CT Scan (Head), Chest X-Ray, 14 ECGs, 24 hour heart monitor, 24 hour urine test, Lyme disease test, multiple blood tests. The only thing that came back abnormal was my Vitamin B12 was severely low at a level of 50! I’ve had alternate day injections for a while which have helped with the tiredness but now I’m stuck with this crippling anxiety!

I wake up everyday with an anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach, a constant feeling of impending doom, adrenaline rushes, derealization, funny feeling in head like my brain can’t process what’s happening, brain zaps/shakes/ weakness,hot flashes. It’s horrible and I just don’t know what to do!? I’ve been prescribed beta blockers 160mg which do take the edge off for maybe an hour if I’m lucky and have started CBT.

Please tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel and things will start to get better!!

Re: Constant Anxiety/Panic - HELP!!

I got my first attack january 28. I mistook nerve pain for heart attack. First 4 months was terrible everything youre describing right now. Now for a couple of months i feel better but i push myself for it. Exercises, trying to be social social etc i know its gard but it helps. Other than that yes it gets better but slowly. You wake up with a tingly feeling somewhere in the centre of sternum right?

Re: Constant Anxiety/Panic - HELP!!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it DOES get better - I promise! I've been here, as have many other people on this forum. I felt the way you do for a very long time but with the right medication and support from my family and friends I was able to heal. Well done on speaking to your GP & starting CBT, I really hope you feel the benefit. My first severe panic attack was SO traumatic for me that I was terrified every day for months and months. With books, this forum, the internet, apps etc I managed to find ways to manage my panic attacks so that I eventually thought "It doesn't matter if I have one - I've got all the tools I need to get over it" and that knowledge was so powerful.
    Give yourself time, try not to feel too much pressure to 'fix yourself' and try not to give your anxiety too much attention. If you wake feeling anxious try to say to yourself "So I feel anxious again, what's new? It didn't kill me yesterday and it won't kill me today" and then just try to go about your day. I know it's easier said than done!

Thread Information