Thread: awful time atm...trace of blood in urine and lower left back is sore

awful time atm...trace of blood in urine and lower left back is sore

just so sick atm :(
    started Prozac 11 days ago and my appetite is non exsistent.
    I have done something to my lower left back as it is REALLY sore, so much so that I ended up at the walk in centre yesterday, they tested my urine and said I had a trace of blood in it and also ketones because I am not eating, they are assuming the back pain is my kidney but im not convinced.
    I am freaking out because the nurse asked if my hands and feet had been tingling, which they hadn't, however it feels as though they are now, hence me not being able to sleep :(
    i went to bed at 10pm and managed to sleep until 1am.
    the pain in my back isn't bad when i sit or lie down but when i move or walk it really hurts.
    i cant stop thinking bladder or kidney cancer
    i had a scan on my ovaries/pancreas/liver/kidneys back in Oct last year, which was fine.
    im just so sick of this anxiety

Re: awful time atm...trace of blood in urine and lower left back is sore

Hi

Back pain is really common and can be caused by no end of different things. I could have written your post s few months ago, I was convinced my back pain was something serious and I also had trace blood in my urine. The two were/are totally unconnected and both turned out to be nothing. My back pain is still there but I am having physio to address this.

Are they doing anything to follow up these 2 issues for you?

Lin x

Thanks for reply. The nurse at hospital said sometimes people just have traces in urine and it means nothing,
    They have sent my sample off to the lab.
    That's all I know

I've had similar symptoms, back pain and a trace of blood in my urine for several months which doctors have not been worried about. Like you, I've had tests that came back clear, except for slight (very slight) scoliosis, which I can live with.

Also like you, I still worry! But with my doctor's and family's help, I'm trying to assume the most common/innocent causes for my symptoms. Back pain is so incredibly widespread, and has an array of mild/benign causes, that it really isn't worth the anguish we put ourselves through when we're anxious.

Today I've had to make the conscious choice to assume that my back pain is caused by structural issues and bad posture, or aging, or being in bad shape & needing to exercise, or repeatedly picking up my heavy and ever-growing toddler, or due to my fibromyalgia... or any combination of these. There are many potential innocent causes.

So while the worrying side of me makes sure my doctor rules out the serious stuff with tests, I'm not going to worry, and instead I'm thinking about buying a new swim suit so I can take his advice and strengthen my back by swimming at the pool.

How about you? Is there something you could treat yourself to, or some sort of healthy change you can plan into your lifestyle? I have the feeling this sort of thing can help you reduce your anxiety, besides the other obvious benefits to your health.
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

I ALWAYS have blood in my dipsticks!

I had very similar symptoms for about 2 weeks a few months back. No Rhyme or reason for it, I had the back/flank pain on both sides, trace blood on my urine, etc. The only thing me and the doc could put it down too was stress, (i had just moved 300 miles from my family for work), and my kidneys deciding they didn't like the hard water down here. (Surrey, I moved from Teesside.) After a course of trying a few antibiotics, it eventually cleared up. Keep drinking lots of water, and stay off the caffein and alcohol for a while.

Thread Information