I already posted about being diagnosed with pneumonia today in another thread so I won't go into lots of details here about it. I had a plan of action, to try and see my GP today to discuss antibiotics.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here is that as the night has gone on, I've been getting more and more scared and it's now at the point where I feel like I'm coming apart at the seams. I know how silly that sounds. It's just that I feel in free fall.

I've been trying to just focus on staying calm and getting better, and I thought I was. But being told today that the results of my chest x-ray show pneumonia is just terrifying for me.

I've been on and off sick since before Xmas and had lingering wheezing the whole time! I thought I was doing the right thing by not bothering the NHS since all the adverts say if you have the flu to stay at home and rest etc.

Now I'm so scared because I've probably had this for months untreated. I'm so scared. I just want to cry. I've been sick for so long and all this time I've told myself I'm over reacting.. and now my fears have actually come true. It's a horrible feeling.