Thread: Sharp pain in left forearm that starts near pinky side of wrist to past elbow

Sharp pain in left forearm that starts near pinky side of wrist to past elbow

While I'm trying to contain my anxiety on my sinus infection in one thread, I've had one symptom that concerns me that doesn't seem anyway related to my sinus problems.

I experienced sharp pain, which felt like my arm being squeezed, like when the nurses put the rubber band around your arm and keep it on too long when they try to get a blood sample. The pain started on the pinky side of my wrist and ends a little past my elbow, but sometimes it feels like just up to my elbow.

I thought I might have accidentally pinched a nerve with how I placed my wrist on the desk. I also had a slight pinky tremor (that occurred mostly when I extended it out and held the position), which went away after a while, so I don't know if that might also relate to that.

I tried looking up the symptoms to see what it could be, since I actually had a previous experience before, but I dismissed it at the time.

I wondered if it was a pinched nerve, blood clot, poor blood circulation, maybe carpel tunnel, or something else.

It didn't help that I looked up left forearm pain and got results for symptoms for a heart attack... I did have some chest pain, but I thought it was due to anxiety. I feel a little worse reading that women can have different symptoms for heart attacks...

Thinking of the forearm pain, I can kind of feel the pain again, but it's less noticeable.

I've been doing small arm exercises to loosen up my arm and get the blood flowing...

Do you guys know what this pain could be? It can't be a heart attack, right?

Re: Sharp pain in left forearm that starts near pinky side of wrist to past elbow

Heart attacks are my main fear and have been for years. I have had my heart listened to by 3 different docs. An ecg which was fine, bloods were fine, cholesterol was fine, blood pressure fine, no family history, dont drink, dont smoke try and eat healthy and generally get some form of excercise everyday but still i cant belive anyone im fine because i conatantly get the aymptoms and thia tjme have been for over 6 months. Logically i think there is no way i could have aymptoms of a dangerous heart condition for over half a year untreated with nothing happening? Docs told me im fine but what if theybare wrong? (I knkw they wouldnt mess with a possible heart problem if they thought there was even a slim chance)

Anyway google is bad, any search for a pain will give the worat possible outcome for why it exists. Loads of people have pains everyday but ignore them. People with anxiety are on high alert and feel these pajns then focus and make it worse and then create other aymptoms. Psychosomatic symptoms are real and although i stupidly refuse to acknowledge it you can cause pain and symptoms via over and constant thinking. I created serious lower back pain from an obbsession with AAA (one of the symptkms) Disappeared when i was told i didnt have one. Im sure your fine but for the love of god dont keep googling especially as a women fearing a beart attack. Trust me

Re: Sharp pain in left forearm that starts near pinky side of wrist to past elbow

I actually didn't mean to google heart attack, I was only googling the symptoms, lol.

I thought maybe I got my father's carpel tunnel, but the location of the pain seems to be slightly different.

This is almost certainly related to a trapped ulnar nerve. It's like carpal tunnel but the opposite side so it affects your pinky and sometimes ring finger. It's called cubital tunnel syndrome. I get this all the time when I'm on my computer a lot with my arm bent at the elbow. Try raising your arm straight up over your head when it happens and see if that helps. It always makes it go away for me - it feels like my arm is waking up from pins and needles for a second and then the pain passes.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    This is almost certainly related to a trapped ulnar nerve. It's like carpal tunnel but the opposite side so it affects your pinky and sometimes ring finger. It's called cubital tunnel syndrome.
    Years ago, I banged my elbow (funny bone) really hard and bruised the ulnar nerve. The symptoms were similar. Pain in the forearm, tingly pinky and third finger etc. It took a good 6 months to get better. Now I get tingling in my shoulder and deltoid area but that's due to 20+ years of computer use.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information