Page 71 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Thanks Terry,

Yes I've had palpitations numerous times before, but never lasting this long. They usually come and go, and maybe last 5 minutes. But they were frequent for over an our last night, and I didn't feel stressed or anxious leading up to it.

We went for a walk on a beach by my parents house, and the last time we went to that beach was with my father a few days before he died. So I felt emotional and a little bit affected by it, but not to the point of being stressed out.

Went to sleep ok last night, but woke up and had a few palps in five minutes upon waking.

EDIT: YES, they are back big time this morning. I'm petrified right now, what the hell....

Hi all, I've been down the rabbit hole this past two weeks. I still have ankle pain and weakness below my left ankle bone which I wrote about a month ago, I sometimes feel a bit unsteady when I walk and twist my foot in a certain way. Getting quite concerned about MND now. Unfortunately I googled, which I don't do often these days, and it says on the NHS MND page how ankle weakness is one of the first symptoms.

I also have other weird things going on - I'm forgetting how to spell some words which I should know, and I've been getting quite forgetful.

Hi Mr L. Sorry you are going down this rabbit hole. It’s a shocker. How are you doing with otherwise though? You still must have so much to get your head around?
    As for MND. I often think my ankle is weak if I focus on it. And- as far as I’m aware forgetting things is not a MND symptom…..

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Hi Mr L. Sorry you are going down this rabbit hole. It’s a shocker. How are you doing with otherwise though? You still must have so much to get your head around?
    As for MND. I often think my ankle is weak if I focus on it. And- as far as I’m aware forgetting things is not a MND symptom…..
    Well I have pain in the ankle as well when I feel it 'going', and apparently pain isn't an MND symptom, so dunno what to think. My other ankle started hurting recently as well, so I don't if it's my gait, or shoes. I've also put some weight on, so I'm thinking is it that?

Regarding in general, not so well tbh. I'm feeling extremely low about losing my dad right now. I thought I felt ok, but it's hit me again last week, and I'm struggling to concentrate on work, and struggling with motivation. Really, really miss him. I went to watch the football (Wales) last week, and the enormity of losing both my uncle and dad, who'd come with us each time hit me a lot. Football is one of my main passions, but I just didn't care about the match at all.

How are you doing anyway? Anything going on HA wise?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Well I have pain in the ankle as well when I feel it 'going', and apparently pain isn't an MND symptom, so dunno what to think. My other ankle started hurting recently as well, so I don't if it's my gait, or shoes. I've also put some weight on, so I'm thinking is it that?

Regarding in general, not so well tbh. I'm feeling extremely low about losing my dad right now. I thought I felt ok, but it's hit me again last week, and I'm struggling to concentrate on work, and struggling with motivation. Really, really miss him. I went to watch the football (Wales) last week, and the enormity of losing both my uncle and dad, who'd come with us each time hit me a lot. Football is one of my main passions, but I just didn't care about the match at all.

How are you doing anyway? Anything going on HA wise?
    ach- still a bit loopy. But muddling through.
    Sorry to hear you aren’t doing great but it’s hardly surprising- you are still in the middle of the grieving process. It will take time. Hang in there and don’t beat yourself up ok?

I think it's completely normal to lose interest in what you used to enjoy doing when you are recently bereaved..and very suddenly and unexpectedly bereaved. You want to avoid the traps of turning to HA to occupy your mind though. Your dad wouldn't have wanted that. How is your mum coping? I'm sure there will be so many times when the grief just hits you all like a sledgehammer so don't expect too much of yourselves. I'm sure work will understand that you are below par mentally and just going through the motions.

Can you get any respite from being with your girls? Do they bring you some moments of happiness? I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think it's completely normal to lose interest in what you used to enjoy doing when you are recently bereaved..and very suddenly and unexpectedly bereaved. You want to avoid the traps of turning to HA to occupy your mind though. Your dad wouldn't have wanted that. How is your mum coping? I'm sure there will be so many times when the grief just hits you all like a sledgehammer so don't expect too much of yourselves. I'm sure work will understand that you are below par mentally and just going through the motions.

Can you get any respite from being with your girls? Do they bring you some moments of happiness? I hope so.
    Sadly, and I feel extreme guilt from this, but I find them very irritating at the moment. My daughter is going through an odd patch of tantrums and grumpiness (probably due to whats happening around her) and my youngest is just a little monster.

I'm unfortunately suffering some pretty bad, what I believe to be reflux symptoms at the moment. I was having quite a lot of reflux last week. Not sure why exactly, although I was eating lots of Sriracha - I'm finding food bland and boring atm, so been eating that for extra taste. I was burping a lot, bringing food back up my throat and just a general burning feeling in my throat.

However yesterday I began getting quite bad sternum / chest pain and also pain when I swallow. I'm worried I've got esophagitis or barret's disease.

Do you take something like lansoprazole? At times of high anxiety my digestive system plays up and I get a lot of problems with reflux. I double my dose of lansoprazole until it settles back down.

I was having quite a lot of reflux last week. Not sure why exactly, although I was eating lots of Sriracha
    Ummmmm

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Not sure why exactly, although I was eating lots of Sriracha - I'm finding food bland and boring atm, so been eating that for extra taste. I was burping a lot, bringing food back up my throat and just a general burning feeling in my throat.
    Here's your reason.. ^^^^^

Spicy foods are THE MOST COMMON FOODS WHICH CAUSE REFLUX.

I've been banging in the curries of late and surprise surprise (Cilla's voice) I've been on the Gaviscon chasers now because of reflux..

However yesterday I began getting quite bad sternum / chest pain and also pain when I swallow. I'm worried I've got esophagitis or barret's disease.
    I had very bad sternum pain over a week ago but there was no need to go back down that ol' hole because I knew what had caused it and a week later - after laying off the spices and following my food with Gaviscon chasers - I'm fine again..

4 years ago I would have catapulted back down that hole over this. Chest pain? I'd have been up A&E faster than Usain Bolt off the starting blocks! But I got myself some therapy innit?

You're stressed at the moment. (hello reflux)

You're going at the HOT CHILLI SAUCE like a maniac. (slight exaggeration) (hello reflux)

The result? Reflux.

But you have HA so you're absolutely going to totally bypass the undramatic (but most likely) acid reflux and go straight for the serious stuff!

Treat the symptoms of your reflux. Eat bland food for a while. Take meds if required. Your body will do the rest..

If after a couple of weeks, there's no improvement (or it worsens) then see your doc. (obvs)

Remember that, the more you stress, the worse you will feel with this..
    P.S, most kids go through stages of horribleness. My lovely baby boy is there now - lanky, moustached bugger!

Page 71 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread Information