Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - anxiety

Coronavirus - anxiety

I was just in a shop to get food etc. and whilst queing some girl was not wearing a mask and coughed loudly without protecting her mouth. She was facing the other way and more than 6 feet away but now I am so anxious. I was wearing a mask and did not see any droplets near me. Should that be okay?

Re: Coronavirus - anxiety

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Apologies.

I went back to the shop and there were two safety screens on each side of the till, think I must have been around 2 metres but she was definately facing the other way.

Nobody can give you the complete reassurance you need, willous but all I can say is that people can still cough randomly and not have Covid.

Are you able to shop in future where masks are mandatory unless you have an exemption? I think you'd feel safer this way.

As to what happened to you yesterday, you were wearing a mask and the girl was not directly in your personal space. Any decent human being wouldn't come into a shop without a mask and start coughing if they have Covid and had symptoms.

Sorry..I know you want more than this but no one can do that. Anxiety just blows any situation out of proportion. I think you should try to mentally shrug this incident off and carry on as normal. If you start ruminating about it you will just spiral and the odds are that you will be absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Nobody can give you the complete reassurance you need, willous but all I can say is that people can still cough randomly and not have Covid.

Are you able to shop in future where masks are mandatory unless you have an exemption? I think you'd feel safer this way.

As to what happened to you yesterday, you were wearing a mask and the girl was not directly in your personal space. Any decent human being wouldn't come into a shop without a mask and start coughing if they have Covid and had symptoms.

Sorry..I know you want more than this but no one can do that. Anxiety just blows any situation out of proportion. I think you should try to mentally shrug this incident off and carry on as normal. If you start ruminating about it you will just spiral and the odds are that you will be absolutely fine.
    I felt a similar sense of anxiety last Tuesday (16th Feb) when I was at the vaxx centre. I had just had my jab and I was waiting for the recommended 15 minutes afterwards in case of any serious side effects (of which there were none) and this maskless man walked past me and coughed (at least 2-3 metres away from me and not in my direction) but so far I haven't developed any Covid symptoms, and that was 10 days ago now.

I was wearing a mask BTW, and that man who coughed near me must have been exempt from wearing one.

This whole exempt from wearing a mask thing is BS! I've been going to the dentist several times the last month or so. I have pre-existing health issues. They're on point at the dentist office with protocols. With my health issues and wearing a mask, my ox reading was 99%. So don't give me any of that BS about being exempt! How freaking hard is it to wear a mask for the 20 minutes you might be in a store or anywhere else?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    This whole exempt from wearing a mask thing is BS! I've been going to the dentist several times the last month or so. I have pre-existing health issues. They're on point at the dentist office with protocols. With my health issues and wearing a mask, my ox reading was 99%. So don't give me any of that BS about being exempt! How freaking hard is it to wear a mask for the 20 minutes you might be in a store or anywhere else?

FMP
    I think there are very few people who are out in the community who have a genuine reason to be medically exempt. There's medically exempt and "Exempt innit..You challenging me , mate?"

This whole exempt from wearing a mask thing is BS! With my health issues and wearing a mask, my ox reading was 99%. So don't give me any of that BS about being exempt! How freaking hard is it to wear a mask for the 20 minutes you might be in a store or anywhere else?
    FMP
    Amen!!

FMP
    Couldn't agree with this more

The risk of infecting other people vs a bit of fabric over your mouth and nose - anyone that doesnt adhere to this is a selfish so and so in my opinion (unless they're genuinely medically exempt in which case im guessing it would be safer to shield regardless)

FMP
    100% agree. No reason someone can’t put one on for such a brief period of time. It’s just ridiculous, and a big reason why we’re still in the boat we’re in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information