Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: More breast issues and need some logical thinking

Re: Breast pain in one breast

It's a tricky one isn't it? I'm always on here looking for reassurance with some symptom or another. I take great comfort in finding an old thread from someone complaining of the same symptom as me - and then noticing that they were posting about something different several years later...thinking "Phew.....they're still alive! Symptom must be harmless".

And re calling for an appointment - I'm sitting here wondering whether to cancel my GP appointment about various symptoms, none of them very specific. I'm worried about crying wolf, and then REALLY having something serious one day that a GP misses 'cause they think "oh God - her again...."

So we are in the same boat! If you didn't call for a scan - have a look at this -

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/...ns/breast-pain

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
    It's a tricky one isn't it? I'm always on here looking for reassurance with some symptom or another. I take great comfort in finding an old thread from someone complaining of the same symptom as me - and then noticing that they were posting about something different several years later...thinking "Phew.....they're still alive! Symptom must be harmless".

And re calling for an appointment - I'm sitting here wondering whether to cancel my GP appointment about various symptoms, none of them very specific. I'm worried about crying wolf, and then REALLY having something serious one day that a GP misses 'cause they think "oh God - her again...."

So we are in the same boat! If you didn't call for a scan - have a look at this -

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/...ns/breast-pain

I hear you, I do the same. I feel it’s safer than google though as you’ll get more balanced responses. Google are paid to promote cancer I swear!

That is the fear with going to the gp and as I said to my husband one day it won’t be something benign. I will get ill one day so I don’t want to instantly dismiss symptoms as anxiety. It’s really hard.

I didnt call for a scan (the pain is all in my lower boob now which I’m assuming is from poking my chest so much yesterday) but we have health insurance through my husbands work. They have this email a professional service so I emailed them explaining what’s going on. I got this response back

Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting us with your Question, I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are having at the moment.
    The nipple and the area around it is highly sensitised and has a rich blood and nerve supply, the type of sensation you are describing of tingling suggests this is just a nerve type sensation and unlikely to signify anything by itself and may just relate to some local engorgement of one of the ducts, Very often there is no definable cause and can be arising from the nerve itself and when this happens the sensation will go as quickly as it came. The sharp pains you are experiencing from time to time can very often be hormone related and while uncomfortable and distressing usually relate to changes within the tissues according to the time of the month in the menstrual cycle.
    You have also described sensations of discomfort in your neck and shoulder region as well as your lower rib area, I understand you have TMJ which can contribute to the discomfort in your neck but additionally if you have heavy breasts this can contribute to symptoms in these areas. It's also possible that you have some muscle tension in your upper body which would be understandable as we tend to tense our muscles around an area of the body that we become worried about.
    Overall as this is worrying you it would be sensible to go and see your Gp to have a chat about your symptoms and how this affecting you as well. Your Gp should be able to examine your breasts and allay any fears you have as well as examine your neck shoulder and rib areas for signs of any costochondritis in your rib area and or muscle tension in your upper body and prescribe any treatment you may need,
    I do hope you will find this information of help,
    Best Wishes,

thats from a qaulified nurse. I’ve also emailed her back asking for more information on pain caused by hormones as I’m not due on my period for 2 and a half weeks. I also told her about a vein I had that came up for about 6 hours once but three months in a row. Around ovulation. I did a post on here about it and a lady who has had cancer said it didn’t sound like cancer to her at all. Several others said they didn’t believe it was cancer either. It may tie in the suggested engorged duct that she spoke about though. Maybe my hormones are just a bit funny at the moment couple with anxiety and now I’m very sore?

Thanmfully i have counsellong tomorrow

Thank you for the link. I’m strangely calm today. Last night I was convinced I was dying again!
    Last edited by Unicorn1985; 04-09-19 at 18:30.

It's a roller coaster for sure - and not a good one...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
    It's a roller coaster for sure - and not a good one...
    Im beyond sick of it. I feel like the boogie man is coming for me. I know that sounds dramatic but it’s really how I feel.

Yep I'm sick of it too....and I know how you feel.

Oh to be carefree like I used to be.

Ill keep you posted when nurse emails me back tomorrow.

thanks for your support xx

x

Thry never did email me back. Must need to raise a new enquiry if I have more questions and not just reply.

Im now in the second half of my cycle. The pain patch isn’t hurting as much but I’m still occasionally getting a bruised stabbing pain feeling if I push there. The top of my breast closest to my breast bone is so sore. It feels all bruised. My husband wants me to go to the doctors even just for a diagnoses of costochondritis. I feel so anxious at the moment. My heart keeps racing every time I go to check if the pain is there. X

Oh and my left arm is aching lots too along with left shoulder ache x

She did reply,

Hello there,
    Thank you for getting back to me and I'm sorry for the slightly late response to your reply which was delayed in reaching me. I'm glad you found the information helpful, to answer your question yes it is possible to experience stabbing pains in the breast at any time of the month, often it is worse in the last two weeks of the cycle but can occur at other times around this depending on how your hormones are behaving during this time. The blue vein you noticed that was sore for a while may just have been some inflammation within the vein although this would be unusual, sometimes it is due to engorgement of the breast tissue due to some hormone fluctuations although normally this would present for longer than 6 hours. The fact that this is not a permanent change and only occurred temporarily suggests it is likely to be nothing to worry about overall and hopefully by now you have seen your Gp and have been able to discuss your concerns and been examined .
    Best Wishes,

so as carys said the vein thing isn’t cancer thankfully as would be permenant. I did tell her on the email the vein had no colour to it though x

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information