Thread: new to cipralex

new to cipralex

Ive just starting taking Cipralex for Anxiety on day 11 having started on 5mg for first 6 days then onto 10mg for the last 5 days im not noticing any great improvement as yet is this expected to be the case as psychiatrist had said i would start to feel better in a week or so
    Side effects for me have been a loss of appetite

Re: new to cipralex

A week is over optimistic! They take at least a few weeks to work. Wishing you all the best xx

Yes, give yourself at least a month or so on your ideal dose. I am on 20 mg. It usually takes me two months to feel "up and running" with it.

Hey Mark, I started feeling noticeably better after about 4 weeks at 10mg/day. Side effects were at the worst for the first 2 weeks, although these have improved. Some people don't notice an improvement until the sixth week, and some clinicians suggest you give an antidepressant up to 3 months before you decide it isn't working....so yep, you have to play the long game to some extent. Keep us posted and good luck.

Typically the minimum time-frame for antidepressants to really start working is around 6 weeks. I know, it seems like a lifetime away, especially if you are/were struggling with chronic major depression and/or panic/anxiety disorder, like I've been dealing with myself. Personally, I noticed a positive change starting after a week, but perhaps that was just a placebo affect because I was so desperate to feel something other than constant despair lol.

I don't want this to scare you away, as most people have a very positive outcome with Cipralex, but I've been on it for just about 11 weeks now and it's stopped working for me (10mg), so I may try going up in dose... Definitely give it a few more weeks, at the very least, 4. And see how you feel then. I hope it's effective for you and that you feel better soon!!

Thread Information