Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Never asked before,could really do with some words and hugs.

Re: Never asked before,could really do with some words and hugs.

Glad that the wheels are turning albeit slowly, Matt. At least you have had the letter now and it's the start of the process. You may even be able to arrange these appointments on the phone to cut down on the admin delay with letters etc.

You'll miss your little one, I'm sure, after the Summer holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Glad that the wheels are turning albeit slowly, Matt. At least you have had the letter now and it's the start of the process. You may even be able to arrange these appointments on the phone to cut down on the admin delay with letters etc.

You'll miss your little one, I'm sure, after the Summer holidays!
    Thanks Pulisa, I got a letter today to phone up and book my appt. I've done it and it's for the 28th Sept. It's an NCS and EMG i'm having, not EEG.

Yes i miss him after the holidays. I can't believe how quick his reception year wen't and is now in year 1 infants. He was looking forward to it and goes off happy as larry. Still give a few more years and it will probably be another story.

Thanks Pulisa!

Glad you've got these dates booked, Matt. More tests but hopefully they will clarify whether you need more investigations for MS. I know it can be a long process before official diagnosis if it comes to that...I expect you just want to know now because you have been messed around terribly.

Your little one will be doing GCSEs before you know it!! Enjoy the innocent Primary School years!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Glad you've got these dates booked, Matt. More tests but hopefully they will clarify whether you need more investigations for MS. I know it can be a long process before official diagnosis if it comes to that...I expect you just want to know now because you have been messed around terribly.

Your little one will be doing GCSEs before you know it!! Enjoy the innocent Primary School years!
    Thanks Pulisa.

Yes more tests and i've got to travel for these ones. It's been such hard going trying to get sorted. Trying do deal with this on top of my gallbladder area pain and other symptoms is a nightmare.

Yes it's all going so fast. It only seems like yesterday he was born. Just hope he grows up like my Partner and not a stressor like me.

You will be too worried about GF's to worry about that soon

The NHS keep talking about charging patients for missed appointments and they love putting the missed count up in their receptions...perhaps you should reply with your version showing the number of days they haven't been arsed?

I hope it all went to plan, Matt and that you are back home in one piece (although probably a bit frazzled, literally?!)

Any news on the day or is it another wait for results?

Hope everything went ok Matt

Don't stand next to any balloons or do any condom party tricks

Did you get a bill in kwh's?

Pulisa and Elen, Thanks for asking. It was ok but the weirdest of tests. I only had the Nerve Conduction Study and not the EMG needle part.

It was a little uncomfortable but some of it was more like touching an electric cattle fence which i didn't like.

I wasn't to happy that i only had the NCS as my letter from the Neuro said i was being referred for an NCS and EMG, my appt letter also said the same but the Consultant said it's just written on all appt letters as standard.

The Consultant was a nice fella though and i tried to push for some answers and did get some info that i've got some nerve damage or something going on with my left arm, right arm and left leg. He said that my right arm could be something with my neck but i don't think it can be as they MRI'd my neck when i had my brain MRI and my neck was reported as normal. So i suppose i've just got to wait AGAIN.

The main hospital looked fairly modern but the neuroscience part which is set in the same grounds was like going back to the 1930's. My Dad phoned and came with me for a bit of company, he was in the RAF and said it reminded him of his old barracks.

Terry no bill in Kwh's just a pay and display to park ticket! Gave my little one a high five when i got home and flew staight out the patio doors!

You've just reminded me of this classic...

So where do you go from here then? Wouldn't the consultant have raised the possibility of things if the evidence was there? Does the nerve damage point away from what you were worried about? Did he feel the need for further tests or did he think whatever is going on isn't neuro in origin?

Know what you mean about the hospital. Until they rebuilt ours we had a newer bit at the front and then those old concrete tunnels that made it look like an old asylum. Kept expecting to see the nurses dressed like Florence Nightingale.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information