Thread: cipralex withdrawl

cipralex withdrawl

Hi
    How is everyone?
    I have come off these 10weeks ago and I thought I was doing really well but I seem to be going through a really anxious phase and worrying about everything. I keep thinking I'm going a bit mad
    and keep forgetting things and going dizzy. And that worries me more and I start panicking which makes everything worse.

Anyone else feel the same?

Carolline

Re: cipralex withdrawl

Hi,

I have come off Cipralex a couple of times, and I had symptoms similar too, but they did eventually wear off. Sadly, I ended up having to go back on them after around 2 years off of them, as my anxiety and panic attacks returned badly.

Every doctor I have spoken to had said that you need a good 18 months on the med before you can think of weaning off of them, as you run the risk of slipping back again, but that made ZERO difference to me. I was on them years and still had to start taking them again.

I think everyone is different though.....see how you get along, and if things are not improving for you, have a wee chat with your doctor.

All the best x

hi, sorry to hear that debs, I started to feel bad when I came off them last year and after three months was back on them.

I just want to feel well and happy again like everyone here I guess.

I have not heard many success stories of people ever coming off these tablets so that is a bit worrying.

Hope you get back off them again xx

I stopped 10mg Lexapro cold turkey in February.
    The withdrawals are sort of still ongoing. But in general, pretty much after the 4 month mark, I was discovering the old me.
    I sometimes still get low level anxiety. I still have appointments with my psychologist but these are monthly or longer now. .
    I do still take 2mg of valium to help stave off the beginning feelings of an anxiety/panic attack. Otherwise I go days and weeks now without anything.
    I am enjoying rediscovering myself after 3 years of Lexapro and 5-6 years of horrid anxiety and panic attacks.
    Only thing I have noticed is my memory seems to not be as sharp as it used to be. I am optimistic that it will improve.
    You WILL get better. You WILL become yourself again. There is life after Lexapro.
    If you have to go back on it, you are not failing, you just need a little help and that is okay.

Thread Information