Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bilirubin on urine strip. Freaking out!

Re: Bilirubin on urine strip. Freaking out!

Don't panic, just go do the bloodwork.

I've had elevated bilirubin on urine strip, but all blood tests and ultrasound came back normal

And my bilirubin was waaaay off chart, the color was supposed to be white, mine was dark brown, and the leaflet said it means my liver is practically not functioning. I was crying myself to sleep for 2 days, and guess what, my liver is fine :P Those tests are good for nothing it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosh View Post
    Don't panic, just go do the bloodwork.

I've had elevated bilirubin on urine strip, but all blood tests and ultrasound came back normal

And my bilirubin was waaaay off chart, the color was supposed to be white, mine was dark brown, and the leaflet said it means my liver is practically not functioning. I was crying myself to sleep for 2 days, and guess what, my liver is fine :P Those tests are good for nothing it would seem.
    That's comforting, thank you!! Mine is just a light tan, but I noticed if I have drank a lot it's pale yellow like it says it should be. My last lab work was in October abd it was normal. I had a CT scan back in 2015 but that was 3 years ago.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Crazy I know but I tested my sons and his was, no doubt, negative.

Maybe it is slightly elevated, there's million reasons for that to happen. If your liver was failing you'd have much more severe symptoms then lightly tanned urine test, that comes and goes depending on how much have you drunk. Don't worry, just do the bilirubin test at the doctor and see how it goes.

I've also made my fiancee do this test so I would feel better, and let me tell you, I definitely didn't, all came back normal, and mine was so dark. I've also had slight change in color for kidney function (and my fiancee didn't), and yet my kidneys are also ok according to the bloodwork and usg.

For people with anxiety those tests do more damage than good. I've had my results and still worry sometimes that they might have give me results of someone else, or that they didn't do the bloodwork properly, or (million other reasons of why I might be dying). Don't end up like me, try to understand how ridiculous your thinking is, that slight change in home test instantly leads your mind to cancer, while there is so many other reasons, one of which is that the test is incorrect, as they often are. And if it isn't that gives you another 99,99% of it being nothing serious. Try not to imagine the worse when there's no reason to.
    Last edited by Boosh; 24-06-18 at 07:11.

Thank you for replying
    You're right and I completely agree. After I see the Dr I plan to throw them out.

Another positive test today. ��

What do you actually mean by a positive test? The thing is with these strips, it’s all about interpreting colour changes, which can be subjective, especially if you are anxious.
    Don’t test any more - let the doctor do it.
    I got into a total pickle with urine testing strips- I’ve thrown them away now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani84 View Post
    Another positive test today. ��
    At this point you’re just driving yourself crazy. If you’re worried, go to a doctor, get a real test done, then throw the at home stuff away.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    What do you actually mean by a positive test? The thing is with these strips, it’s all about interpreting colour changes, which can be subjective, especially if you are anxious.
    Don’t test any more - let the doctor do it.
    I got into a total pickle with urine testing strips- I’ve thrown them away now!!
    The color of my result matches the small amount square on the bottle. The only time I can get it to be negative is if I drank a bunch of water and my urine is practically clear. :( I'm calling my Dr first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    throw the at home stuff away.
    Our cat really knows how to get treats when he wants them and he's persistent too. From his cute little tricks and antics to the stare through your soul look and that persistence, he typically gets what he wants. We certainly spoil him

You're doing the same thing with your dragon with none of the benefits. Does your dragon curl up with you and purr after you self check? You said you would throw the strips out AFTER the doctor? Why not now? When you're testing your kids to compare to yourself, you're going too far.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    When you're testing your kids to compare to yourself, you're going too far.

Positive thoughts
    Very true. I’m ashamed to say I’ve done the same in the past and it is frankly weird and a bit creepy and a sure sign that the dragon is winning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information