Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Brain Tumor Fear: The newest release in my brain of anxiety :)

My Brain Tumor Fear: The newest release in my brain of anxiety :)

For the Record i'm 26 years old and male

So I've always had a slight brian tumor fear. I remember two times distinctly. Once in college I was having night sweets and nightmares and also percieving that I was awake and stuck to my bed. However, I think my pot smoking and beer drinking and general college attitude got that away.

Two years ago I started to get dizzy and tingling. Went to the doctors and it turned out to be an ear infection.

Now that I'm engaged and happily in love with a great girl it seems like Health Anxiety is saying to me: "This is too good to be true"

Anyways here is my Brain tumor story:

I don't have one (I don't think). But I think I do. You guys understand that I'm sure

Symptoms:

Tingling sometimes

Twitching when I pay attention (nothing major)

Head "Pain" (not headaches) more like tension like someone is pressing their finger on the top of my head. Literraly the pain is from a spot here and there the size of a finger. Its not severe it lasts a few moments but scares me

Eye Issues: this is what really scares me. I am aware of floaters as well as seeing white blood cells. Since Brian tumors seem to be headaches WITH a symptom such as loss of sight/smell taste. I am focusing on the things that accompany the headaches. Lately I've been super aware of everything in my vision. It's funny though because If I don't pay attention to my vision everything is pretty normal. Its when I think about it that it becomes scary.

I've notcied floaters, moving blood cells, and black dots that seemingly are in my peripheral vision but then are gone when I go to look for them.

Of course none of these are the "Curtains" or Missing Peripheral vision but still they scare me.

Also, I have a sinus infection that has caused aches/pains in between my eyes and in my eyes when I move them.

I've noticed myself stumbling a bit more. But thats the thing. I haven't fallen over I just think I notice it more. When I jog or play sports I'm nimble like a cat GRRR. Also my house is tiny and requires turning corners alot.

Now I'm onto smelling things; Now I don't really think I'm smelling smoke or burning but because I heard thats a symptom I'm all about Sniffing the air for burning. When i do smell something it seems to be one of those "Is that burning? Maybe it is let me try again. Hmm not sure. Let me try again". I have noticed that my sense of smell is more aware right now and I'm smelling everything. Maybe because of the clearing up of sinus and the anxiety.

Unfortuantely all of this is adding up to a: What if I have a brian tumor.

I don't have: Headaches; Naseua, Vision Power Problems (I'm at least 20/20 probably better when I'm anxious!), Dizziness, Fatigue, Paralises, or major muscle tremors.

So why can't I get it off my brain! My Blood Test came back all normal and my doctor said "if you had cancer something would be off here." And then I went back for the sinus infection and said "can you check my eyes for pressure or problems." He did a check on my eyes and said "everything looks perfectly fine." I asked "If I had a tumor I'd know it correct" And he said "Many people with brian tumors have severe headaches in the morning or in the night and nasuea or vomitting"

Anyways why can't I believe them? I want an MRI but then again I don't as I know it will just reinforce my fears. My GF (Who works in the medical field) and my parents and my doctors are not worried. I think if I went in for an MRI they'd be like WTF you are wasting time / money. Plus I know the 2 weeks of anxiety are not worth it at all. I get married in under 2 months and I'm fearful that the added stress of an MRI will not only make me worse but also make it so that in two weeks I come up with another ailment.

Anyways! I've made a list of what my pains/symptoms are more likely to be at my age/physical well being:

Head pain: Stress/tension/TMJ/Sinus's (I have all of them I know that)
    Eye Problems: Anxiety as I don't notice them when I dont' focus on them. Floaters
    Twitching: Gone away mostly (Anxiety, stress, eye strain)
    Eye Pain: Minor so probably sinus's/eye strain (8 hours of computer usage)
    Stumbling: Me noticing every little bit of my gait lately. Tired legs from lots of exercise.

Anyways I wish I could just convince myself once and for all that I don't have a brain tumor without going in for an MRI. :(

Anyways vent over hopefully this helps someone and someone could help me

Re: My Brain Tumor Fear: The newest release in my brain of anxiety :)

Hi There

I am also thinking I have a brain tumour - my symptoms are head pain, floaters, ear and jaw pain, dizziness, forgetting things

im terrified

Quote Originally Posted by bab View Post
    Hi There

I am also thinking I have a brain tumour - my symptoms are head pain, floaters, ear and jaw pain, dizziness, forgetting things

im terrified

Ear and jaw pain and dizziness could all be related. Forgetting things is something I find myself noticing only when I am worrying about forgetting things.

Headpain and jawpain are related as well.

I have this fear also. If you are anything like me, nobody and nothing will convice you otherwise. I had a CT scan 3 months ago, it made me happy for one day but the next morning i had developed other symptoms of 'cancer' which led to me having x-rays, endoscopy,further blood tests, smears etc. 3 months later i am back to square one - mind constantly occupied with thoughts of having a brain tumour. I feel my symptoms are worse now than they were then and i have also developed new symptoms which reinforce my fear further. Here are my symptoms - Head pressure, blurred vision, tension behind my eyes, nausea, pins and needles, tinnitus, body twitching, floaters, memory loss. My doc has refused a second ct scan so i am thinking of going private- dont know how much it will cost or how dangerous it is to have two close together. I dont feel like i have a stressful life but that is what my doc is putting it down to. The only symptom i am missing is the seizure which i am convinced will happen anyday. Feel guilty for feeling like this coz i have a wonderful partner, a wonderful baby daughter, nice house and car, good job and instead of appreciating all this lovely stuff i am moping around thinking my time is up

You could have a MRI every week and you still wouldn't believe it if it came back clear. Please don't pay to have an MRI it is such a waste of your money. I wish you all could overcome this brain tumour thing, your lives are passing you by but you are not enjoying them because you are too busy worrying about brain tumours.

My friends grandson had one when he was thirteen he was treated and it was shrunk. He returned to school did his exams and went to uni. He is living his life to the full and doesn't think about his tumour. He has regular MRI's to keep an eye on it because it is still there and they want to make sure it hasn't grown. It cannot be removed by surgery because of its location.

Please forget about them they are ruining your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    You could have a MRI every week and you still wouldn't believe it if it came back clear. Please don't pay to have an MRI it is such a waste of your money. I wish you all could overcome this brain tumour thing, your lives are passing you by but you are not enjoying them because you are too busy worrying about brain tumours.

My friends grandson had one when he was thirteen he was treated and it was shrunk. He returned to school did his exams and went to uni. He is living his life to the full and doesn't think about his tumour. He has regular MRI's to keep an eye on it because it is still there and they want to make sure it hasn't grown. It cannot be removed by surgery because of its location.

Please forget about them they are ruining your lives.

Great point Trixie. And I don't mean this to be disrespectful to you but I worry much less about Benign Brain Tumors. Again they are super rare. But Cancerous Brain tumors are my thing.

Anyways my Mother had breast cancer and her re-scare has set me off. Talking to her she said "You know I always know it can come back. But I can't live my life like that. I want to have fun in life and worrying about dying of cancer is not something I'm putting myself through"

BTW my grandmother survived 11 cancer surgeries including Lymphoma at 35 in the 1950's. They chopped off her arm. She died at 87

ok am panicing now - halfnormal - do you mean my symptoms could be related to brain tumour?

It is really nice to hear that I am not the only one who thinks this kind of stuff up. I too have convinced myself that I have some kind of tumor in my head. I have had a cat scan done last year some time in which came back negative. I still can not believe the results though for some reason cause A) I did not drink that chalky stuff before the actuall test so I am afraid they where not able to see every thing correctly and B) cause I get all these weird feeling in my head. I totaly understand what you are going through. Any sensation that I get in my head that seems to be the very first thing I think of. Not sure if this will help with your symptons or your thought process but visit this web site it may help you out. This might just all very well be related to anxiety and the over all fear that you have of getting a tumor or having one. Hope that this will help you out in some way or another.

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

It is really nice to hear that I am not the only one who thinks this kind of stuff up. I too have convinced myself that I have some kind of tumor in my head. I have had a cat scan done last year some time in which came back negative. I still can not believe the results though for some reason cause A) I did not drink that chalky stuff before the actuall test so I am afraid they where not able to see every thing correctly and B) cause I get all these weird feeling in my head. I totaly understand what you are going through. Any sensation that I get in my head that seems to be the very first thing I think of. Not sure if this will help with your symptons or your thought process but visit this web site it may help you out. This might just all very well be related to anxiety and the over all fear that you have of getting a tumor or having one. Hope that this will help you out in some way or another.

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

Hi All,

I went to see a CBT therapist today and explained my worries which are very similar to the symptoms you guys have posted on here, she gave me a huge leaflet on health anxiety I haven't had time to read it yet, but will let you all know how I get on with it and if it can offer any snippets of advice that may help us.

Lots of Love

Debbie
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information