View Poll Results: Do you spend a lot of time thinking about your anxiety/panic/depression/etc?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - and I need help to stop doing it

97 66.90%
  • Yes - but I am learning to stop

44 30.34%
  • No - I used to, but I learned to stop

3 2.07%
  • No - I don't and never have

1 0.69%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you find yourself obsessing about your symptoms?

Do you find yourself obsessing about your symptoms?

Hi all,

I am wondering how many people spend more than half their time worrying about their problems! Any tips, advice or success stories are welcome!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Re: Do you find yourself obsessing about your symptoms?

hi, yeah all the time i worry about been anxious its a horrid circle that im trying to break, my key thing is when the thoughts pop in i try to ignore them a remind my self of all the positive things i have done so far and tell my self to relax .. my negative thoughts do seem to be getting less and less, distraction is another good one, like doing a puzzle book, being creative etc x x i feel i am making progress i have done it in the past so it is posible you just have to be patient and positive x

It definitely can become an obsession, its easier said than done to switch off to our symptoms as we are constantly reminded. I guess practice at being ignorant to the anx is much required!
    Last edited by Lion King; 07-06-09 at 20:56. Reason: missing text

hi i find i do worry and get anxious incase i have an attack while out. then the mind races ahead as per usual and you find yourself being anxious about being anxious!!!!!!! im not as bad as i used to be but i find distraction good i do puzzels paint by numbers ect

yes i think about it every waking moment even when im asleep i dream about it and sometimes wake up in the night horrified! its such a drag!!

oh, yea...

A good day for me nowadays is getting through a couple of hours without thinking or worrying or having an anxiety attack. It's exhausting, isn't it?!

It's exhausting Elspeth, but I have always believed that a person who is capable of putting their problems aside for one minute is a person who can put them aside forever.

I don't know how to do that yet, I have to be content with the good days and the good moments, but I do know that I will find a way to recover from what I am going through and I will share whatever I learn.

I believe anxiety can be beaten and I intend to prove it!

hi i find i do worry and get anxious incase i have an attack while out. then the mind races ahead as per usual and you find yourself being anxious about being anxious!!!!!!! im not as bad as i used to be but i find distraction good i do puzzels paint by numbers ect
    Yeah its the same for me, an example of this was my friend was really worried about me he came over to watch the football and then i went over to see his new house all the way through this my heart was pounding, then it went into the 2nd stage of skipping beats. So we started to walk down towards the pub i was a mess by this point and had butterflys in my stomach, and then starting thinking about the pub, the people ect and if i had a drink it would make me worse so i had to come home in the end.

I thought i had a pain in the chest as well it was the worst attack ive had so far and made not want to go out the house.

But nearly all my thoughts always go away of a night then im completly normal again and then i want to eat at ridiculous times of a night its a crazy situation which cant carry on.

But nearly all my thoughts always go away of a night then im completly normal again and then i want to eat at ridiculous times of a night its a crazy situation which cant carry on.
    I find I feel better at night. I used to find my appetite increased just before bedtime.

I made a post about my anxiety here
    and I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what they think!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information